Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Walmart instant denial :(

tag
upwithfico
Established Member

Re: Walmart instant denial :(

@new_earth wrote:

So far with my apps to any GE backed card my actual score didn't matter, it's the fact I have 2 collections and a judgement. I also had ZERO open revolving CC's until this past month. Just an auto loan with perfect payment history for a year so far. Even with other apps it's for certain reasons, it seems scores a lot of times mean nothing. I have seen people with lower scores than me get approved for things I can't get.

So true! This is why collections stink. I always kick myself when looking at them on my credit report - like, what were you thinking!? Smiley Mad

Starting Score '14: 638
Current Score '14: 651
Goal Score '14: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Gardening...

Message 41 of 49
kroberts67
Established Contributor

They pulled both my TU & EX when I applied. (denied twice). To answer someone's question they allow re-apps every 2 months.

FICO: EQ 814 | TU 847 | EX ? (Started in the low 500's... you can do it!)

Amex BCE $25000, Amex AP $20000, SFFCU Visa $15000 + LOC $5000, USAA Amex $6000, USAA MC $7000, Cap1 $9500, Freedom $12000, Slate $500, Barclays "RIP" SM $11500, USBank Cash+ $12500, Citi Diamond $11200, Citi Double Cash $12000, Care Credit $13500k.
My Credit Repair Journey
Message 42 of 49
Kathy4NU
Frequent Contributor

I totally don't get Walmart.   I have been denied twice.  The only negative on my report is 2 paid collections (medical) on EX from 2010.  At the time my EQ score was 731, TU 711 and EX 681.   I have a CU visa reporting for 11 months $155/$1000.  Several student loans paid off and one that I am always current on. AAoA is 6.9 and my credit file is 20.9 years.   I have seen people with lesser reports than mine getting approved all the time.  Heck, my 20 year old daughter was approved for $600 with only a 3 month auto loan history.  Chase approved me for the Freedom and Walmart denies me.  Go figure!  I have have now reached a point where I don't need them and therefore they lost me as a potential customer.  

June '12: EQ 553 TU 0 EX 545
April '13 Lender Pull EQ 731, EX 692, TU 722 - all FICO

Closed on home May 22, 2013 at 2:00pm!!!
CU Visa $1000, VS $350, Chase Freedom $1000, Discover IT $2500, Home Depot: $2700, Menards $3000, NFM $3500
What's been deleted: 32 collections, 5 PR, 2 tax liens, defaulted student loans
Message 43 of 49
ando35
Frequent Contributor

Weird, I gopt one with a 670. You need to have 3-5 credit cards, an installment loan and only charge 7% on them. Start with that.

Message 44 of 49
kdcka1

Ok -so I got my Walmart Email explaining the denial and here are the reasons (they pulled TU only): 

NUMBER OF MONTHS SINCE 30 DAYS PAST DUE ON A CREDIT ACCOUNT IS TOO LOW
TOO FEW REVOLVING ACCOUNTS
ACCOUNTS IN COLLECTION OR 60 DAYS PAST DUE OR ADVERSE
PUBLIC RECORDS
SUM OF CREDIT LIMITS ACROSS ALL OPEN REVOLVING ACCOUNTS TOO
LOW

***  I have nothing reporting 30 days past due on my transunion report.

I DID have only one credit card with a $200 limit - so that makes sense

I have no open accounts in collections - there is a paid collection from 2010 and a paid after CO from 2008.

BUT - I decided to go on an app spree and look at my results!!!

From PSECU:

Congratulations! You are approved for a total credit limit of $20000.00 for a combined Personal Service Loan and Visa® Line of Credit.

Congratulations! Based upon your recent application, you have been approved for a $9000.00 Visa®. A

PSECU Visa®

And I refnanced my car!!! 

Congratulations!

Your loan application for an Automobile Loan for $ 8,237.00 is approved.

AND - I did the shopping cart trick and got $500 express, $500 VS nd $500 Ann Taylor!!!!

Then just for the heck of it I called Capital One and asked for an CLI on my $200 limit and they said ...NO!  Too bad I don't need them or walmart .. hmmphhhf! 

So now - I am going straight to the GARDEN   !!!!   Whoooooohooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo   Smiley Very Happy

Smiley Very Happy

Thank you everyone - for your support!!!!   What a happy ending 

Starting Score: 563
Current Score: 694
Goal Score: 720

Message 45 of 49
mcf
Contributor

hey congrats!! your on your way for sure. Definitely garden lol.. my problem is that gemb loves me tooo much haha.. but no one else does.. its so strange. I fully dont understand a shopping cart trick.. is that a sp cause i cannot get a hp im in the garden myself. i read something on it but im afraid to try lol. do you go to checkout put in credit card info and all that then review screen pops up with offer??

Starting Score:567Walmart TU 701, Credit Sesame 722, credit secure 701 credit karma 694Last Score: 689 TU/Walmart CK 645 Goal Score:800 CLUB
Last HP:2/2015 Util:9% CL:82KTake the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 46 of 49
kdcka1

Thanks!  The first one I tried was Victoria Secret - you have to actually shop - so I picked a few items then went to check out and as soon as I put my name in - the box popped up that said I was Pre-approved for $500 - so I clicked to accept and then all you have to put in is your date of birth and last 4 digits of SSN - so it is a SP -  if you apply and put your full SSN it is a hard pull.  So be sure it says PRE-approved and only asks for your last four.  It is for stores backed by Commenity (not sure if that is spelled right)  Bank.  It does not work for all stores with Commenity cards though because I wanted a Justice card for my daughter and a New York and company card for myself and I did not get a pop up from them.  I got Victoria Secret, Express and Ann Taylor - then decided I better stop.   It sets up a credit account instantly and says you can use it right then and there to pay for your order - but if you don't buy anything - it doesn't matter because the account is saved and it says you will get your card in the mail in about 7-10 days.  Pretty cool. Someone on here said if you pull your report and see that a business did a SP on your report then you should apply because you probably have a pre-approval waiting.  For me - there were no SP's and I still got these popups.  So for sure - it must say PRE-approved and only ask for your last 4 digits SSN.  Good luck Smiley Happy

Message 47 of 49
kdcka1

On a side note - does anyone know why MyFico Logo is a big X? Also - can anyone tell me where to get the garden seedling image - I need a reminder Iam in the garden till 4/27/14. Thanks!

Message 48 of 49
asphaltcowboy
Valued Contributor

@kdcka1 wrote:
On a side note - does anyone know why MyFico Logo is a big X? Also - can anyone tell me where to get the garden seedling image - I need a reminder Iam in the garden till 4/27/14. Thanks!

Congrats on your approvals, in regards to the siggy, I had the same issue with mine and one of the MODS fixed, am also tring to get the seedling and have the box with red x, type in garden club in search box and you will see garden club meeting 2013, on the first page it has the links for each level.  Hope this helps

Starting Score TU 667 EQ 663 EX 655
Current Score TU 778 EQ 776 EX 781 Last Update 4/2016
Garden Club 04/10/2013
Message 49 of 49
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.