cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Walmart instant denial :(

tag
kdcka1

Walmart instant denial :(

My TU FICO from myFICO is 694 as of today so I decided to app for the Walmart card for the free TU score.  I was feeling pretty confident with the score and one 2 year old closed charge off on my report. My AAoA is 4 years. My Utilization is 7%.   Very disappointed - got the message that I would get an answer in the mail in 7-10 days so I called right away and was told it was denied. Also the rep said , there is no recon procedure.  I don't understand I guess.  How can I improve my credit so I can get approved.  I have a car payment that is paid as agreed for over 4 years. One credit card with a low limit $200 that is paid as agreed for 12 months and 1 installment loan that is paid as agreed for 8 months.  Only 2 recent inquiries - which are close to a year old and of course now this wasted inquiry  Smiley Sad         The rest is deferred student loans that are paid as agreed except a couple of 30 day lates that are 3 years old.  Smiley Sad

EX  FICO  693 PSECU

TU  FICO  694

EQ FICO  681

Starting Score: 563
Current Score: 694
Goal Score: 720

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 1 of 49
48 REPLIES 48
upwithfico
Established Member

Re: Walmart instant denial :(

@kdcka1 wrote:

My TU FICO from myFICO is 694 as of today so I decided to app for the Walmart card for the free TU score.  I was feeling pretty confident with the score and one 2 year old closed charge off on my report. My AAoA is 4 years. My Utilization is 7%.   Very disappointed - got the message that I would get an answer in the mail in 7-10 days so I called right away and was told it was denied. Also the rep said , there is no recon procedure.  I don't understand I guess.  How can I improve my credit so I can get approved.  I have a car payment that is paid as agreed for over 4 years. One credit card with a low limit $200 that is paid as agreed for 12 months and 1 installment loan that is paid as agreed for 8 months.  Only 2 recent inquiries - which are close to a year old and of course now this wasted inquiry  Smiley Sad         The rest is deferred student loans that are paid as agreed except a couple of 30 day lates that are 3 years old.  Smiley Sad

Bummer! Smiley Sad I know the feeling. I'm surprised a little that you got denied with those scores. I got that same 7-10 message and knew it meant denial, but my scores are lower than yours and I am literally just rebuilding credit. I thought the Wally World card was supposed to be an easier card to get.

Good luck with everything else.

Starting Score '14: 638
Current Score '14: 651
Goal Score '14: 700

Gardening...

Message 2 of 49
kdcka1

Major Bummer....  I called Capital One - I have my $200 unsecured card with them and asked about a CLI - they said I could apply - but there may be a hard pull.  I don't want any more HP's so I said forget it.  I am holding out really - for that one charge off to maybe get deleted from my report with a DV request - to apply at PSECU for refinance on my car and their card.  I heard as long as there are no open unpaid collections and scores are over 650 you will be approved. I have checking and savings with them and my paycheck is direct deposit.  Now I'm afraid to do anything - because as you said I thought Walmart was supposed to be easier to get and TU is my highest score and best CR. Thanks for the well wishes anyway though Smiley Happy

EX FICO PSECU 693

TU  FICO             694

EQ FICO             681

Message 3 of 49
dodfire
Valued Contributor

Have you pulled your report to see what might be reporting or just your score?

You have nothing negative in your report for how long?

Seems from what you have posted that you should have been approved.

What about income?

*8/10/13
Message 4 of 49
upwithfico
Established Member

You're welcome. Keep us posted. From everything I've read, there are so, so many factors involved.

Gardening...

Message 5 of 49
RTOrockstar
Frequent Contributor

Next time apply in-store. There might not be a difference, but I was denied 3 times on-line before being approved in-store. Your scores look good so it might just be a verification issue that is solved by apping right there. Give it a few months, you got this.

Message 6 of 49
blk8
Regular Contributor

Unless they changed their underwriting procedure, this should have been a slam dunk for you in my eyes. I'd call again.

FICO: EX 662 | EQ 670 | TU 681
Message 7 of 49
elizabeth16

My scores are no where near yours and they approved me online first try. Only a $500 limit, but I mostly got it for the fico score and gas discount. I also hear they are quick with CLI too
Message 8 of 49
upwithfico
Established Member

@elizabeth16 wrote:
My scores are no where near yours and they approved me online first try. Only a $500 limit, but I mostly got it for the fico score and gas discount. I also hear they are quick with CLI too

Do you mind sharing your scores? I ask because I was denied as well and curious if it's scores or something else like verification as was mentioned above.

Gardening...

Message 9 of 49
kdcka1

I just pulled my TU credit report today. I have one paid collection that is 2 years 6 months old and one paid charge off that is 5 years old. There is nothing else negative on my report.  ????????????????  Actually, I just looked at it again and the student loans are not even reporting 30 days late on TU that is on EQ. 

Message 10 of 49
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.