Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Want to be better...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Want to be better...

I am not sure if I am in the right/best place. I really would like to participate in the MyFICO Fitness Challenge because I need all of the help, support, guidance & a sounding board along this journey of credit rebuilding. After a divorce, BK13 (dismissed 7/2013), 2 layoffs, and relocation across the country I need a new car (when it rains... it’s raining inside of my 14 yr old Chevy ☔️ 😢)... Long story short my scores are shot! I subscribe to MyFICO and my scores swing from 496 to 599 depending on which bureau and model. But my income is pretty good ($96k), in spite of the fact I have been turned by every sub-sub-prime shady car loan finance company you can name. So here I am! After reading just about every post I’ve decided to jump in! Hopefully at the end of this journey I will be able to at the very least buy a new car. 

Oh the signature thingy is not working for me or it may just be user error...

Scores as of 3/21/2019:

EQ: 599

TR: 586

EX: 587

My issues or what I think they are...

1. I have 2 collections they have been paid, I have recently learned about the “goodwill letter” to see if they can be removed. One of them probably should have aged off. (Best approach? Call or write?)

2. There are 4 very old collections 3 of the 4 are on tract to age off in June & July 2019, I have learned by reading in this forum that I can request “early exceptions” from the bureaus. Although 3 of the 4 are with Portfolio and their website shows that they will accommodate pfd. Has anyone had any success with either method? 

3. There is 1 more collections account that is scheduled to age off 3/2020, however the collections agency keeps refreshing every month. So it appears that I am currently late on an account that has charged off years ago and is about to drop off. I know technically I am still responsible for the debt, but I thought after a certain amount of time updates were supposed to stop? (idk could be tribal knowledge I’ve heard along the way).

I know this is a lot! But thank you to whoever provided this platform. I have started adding some positive credit to my profile. I have a self lender account, graduated from Fingerhut Fresh Start to regular card with $300 limit and I have the Indigo card with a $300 limit (all over the last 8 months). All of the utilizations are around 25-27%. Any and all feedback is welcome. 

Oh and if someone can message me on how to get the signature thingy to work, showing the scores, and the little acorn, ccards/ graphics, etc. I would be most appreciative. 

Thanks in advance! ☀️☔️

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Want to be better...

@Anonymous wrote:

I am not sure if I am in the right/best place. I really would like to participate in the MyFICO Fitness Challenge because I need all of the help, support, guidance & a sounding board along this journey of credit rebuilding. After a divorce, BK13 (dismissed 7/2013), 2 layoffs, and relocation across the country I need a new car (when it rains... it’s raining inside of my 14 yr old Chevy ☔️ 😢)... Long story short my scores are shot! I subscribe to MyFICO and my scores swing from 496 to 599 depending on which bureau and model. But my income is pretty good ($96k), in spite of the fact I have been turned by every sub-sub-prime shady car loan finance company you can name. So here I am! After reading just about every post I’ve decided to jump in! Hopefully at the end of this journey I will be able to at the very least buy a new car. 

Oh the signature thingy is not working for me or it may just be user error...  As a new member you first must get some posting under your belt and rank up before the system will grant you image privileges. Welcome to the board Smiley Happy

Scores as of 3/21/2019:

EQ: 599

TR: 586

EX: 587

My issues or what I think they are...

1. I have 2 collections they have been paid, I have recently learned about the “goodwill letter” to see if they can be removed. One of them probably should have aged off. (Best approach? Call or write?) IMHO US Mail is best it can be personalized (the GW letter), if one is past time to report then you can dispute it as too old to remain onfile.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/GW-letter-Q-amp-A-Examples-and-GW-Success-Stories/td-p/1573680

2. There are 4 very old collections 3 of the 4 are on tract to age off in June & July 2019, I have learned by reading in this forum that I can request “early exceptions” from the bureaus. Although 3 of the 4 are with Portfolio and their website shows that they will accommodate pfd. Has anyone had any success with either method? EE is granted its valid. What I would do is just wait till these can no longer be reported then you can contact PRA and settle for even less, I am assuming you live in a state where the SOL has also passed).

3. There is 1 more collections account that is scheduled to age off 3/2020, however the collections agency keeps refreshing every month. So it appears that I am currently late on an account that has charged off years ago and is about to drop off. I know technically I am still responsible for the debt, but I thought after a certain amount of time updates were supposed to stop? (idk could be tribal knowledge I’ve heard along the way).  For updates to stop it must be paid off, this updating keeps you Fico depressed as its a way to try and force you to deal with them before you can get new credit. 

I know this is a lot! But thank you to whoever provided this platform. I have started adding some positive credit to my profile. I have a self lender account, graduated from Fingerhut Fresh Start to regular card with $300 limit and I have the Indigo card with a $300 limit (all over the last 8 months). All of the utilizations are around 25-27%. Any and all feedback is welcome.   You need 3 open revolvers to drive your Fico score and you only want one card to report a small amount of its CL each month (less than 10% of the CL) to maximize Fico. The practice of AZEO as some refer to it on this board.

Oh and if someone can message me on how to get the signature thingy to work, showing the scores, and the little acorn, ccards/ graphics, etc. I would be most appreciative.  This is the CC graphic thread but as I said you first need to rank up...

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/SmorgasBoard/THIS-IS-HOW-YOU-ADD-CREDIT-CARD-PICS-TO-YOUR-PROFILE/td-p/2262839

Thanks in advance! ☀️☔️

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Want to be better...

@gdale6,

I really appreciate your responses/advice/guidance. I wasn’t  aware that I’ll need to earn the ability to add graphics to my signature, that explains a lot. That’s good to know that I did not break anything. 😆 

I will be implementing some of these tactics this week... wish me luck! 

I will be checking in with updates along the way. 

Thanks! ☀️

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.