Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wanted mentors for Credit rebuild project

tag
hooper1
Valued Member

Re: Wanted mentors for Credit rebuild project

Just paid off cap one card.not sure what happens now since it was closed.I have been seeing small upticks in my scores since I started this process so thats good.I may be able to pay off the premiers sooner than i thought so I hope that will help. I think next I will take the verizon offer and send a pay for delete to 1 access.

Message 21 of 62
hooper1
Valued Member

so on the my fico app my scores are all in high 400's but when i go to the Equifax site they are all in the mid 500's? Is one more "real" than the others?

Message 22 of 62
SoonerSoldier33
Frequent Contributor

@hooper1 wrote:

so on the my fico app my scores are all in high 400's but when i go to the Equifax site they are all in the mid 500's? Is one more "real" than the others?

I believe the EQ website shows you your VantageScore 3.0 score from EQ. It is a 'real' score, but one used by very, very few lenders. 90% of lenders use FICO scores for lending decisions. 

Team Garden Club as of Oct 2021
Message 23 of 62
hooper1
Valued Member

thanks for the info , i really appreciate it.

Message 24 of 62
hooper1
Valued Member

Update: I sent a debt validation letter I got off of here to my total card. The only address i had was for Bank of Missouri. I sent it certified mail about 3 weeks ago and recieved a signed copy back. Today I recieved an email from LTD aquisitions offering a settlement on the same card. Not sure what my next move is. Should I take the settlement? Should I send LTD a Debt Validation or pay for delete?Any help would be appreciated

Message 25 of 62
hooper1
Valued Member

well both debt validation letters I sent to first access and total card that Ive already recieved the signed acceptance card from the usps for were both returned to me today with a stamp on each envelope that said :forward time exp, rtn to sender: So I have no idea what that means. I mean I have a signed card saying both were signed for then I get them both back (opened no less)as if they were never delivered. Not sure what to do with that. I did however mail my pay for delete out to Tate and Kirlin  so Im hoping to hear something from them soon.I must be stirring up something credit wise because my fico score alerts are jumping up and down daily for some reason.As always any help is appreciated

Message 26 of 62
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@hooper1 wrote:

well both debt validation letters I sent to first access and total card that Ive already recieved the signed acceptance card from the usps for were both returned to me today with a stamp on each envelope that said :forward time exp, rtn to sender: So I have no idea what that means. I mean I have a signed card saying both were signed for then I get them both back (opened no less)as if they were never delivered. Not sure what to do with that.

That stamp means that USPS is telling you that whomever the letter was addressed to had changed their address more than a year ago.  If you move USPS will forward your mail for a year, after that it will be returned to the sender. 

There are both legit (they really did move and the letters were delivered to new tenants) and bogus reasons (you used the right address, they don't want to deal with the letter after reading it) why the letters were flagged to be returned,  but either way you'll need to dig up different addresses to mail those letters to.

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 27 of 62
hooper1
Valued Member

ok thanks Im going to look into that asap

Message 28 of 62
hooper1
Valued Member

Today I recieved a letter from First Premier saying "congratulations" they have updated one of my accounts to CURRENT for making the monthly payments.Wierd thing is im only 2 months into the payment plan I made with them and the card they made current is over the limit by $275. Well I guess Im moving in the right direction with them. Now to figure out the rest

Message 29 of 62
hooper1
Valued Member

Good news today I recieved an alert saying one of my collections has been deleted.All my scores jumped up around 20 points.Im going to check now to see which one and why,hopefully it was one of the letters i sent out.Ill update soon when I figure it out.

Message 30 of 62
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.