Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wanted mentors for Credit rebuild project

tag
hooper1
Valued Member

Wanted mentors for Credit rebuild project

Hello everyone,  today i am starting my credit rebuild project. Im hoping that you guys and gals will be willing to help me as I go through the long process. First I'd like to say that I have almost no idea where to begin or what to do. Im hoping all or at least one or two of you would be willing to be a mentor/counselor to me as I go through the process. So here are the details my current scores are EQ 467,TU 465, Exp 479. The rundown is as follows : CITI card closed they want 370$ and are offering a settlement they say it wiil go to collections agency on september 8.Total card closed and was sold to resurgent collection agency.Another Total card is closed and was sold to LTD financial collection agency.Reflex card closed and sold to CKS collection agency. First premier card closed but im currently paying 137$ a month to it.Second First premier card is currently not closed Im paying 120$ a month on that one ,its locked and not usable until i pay the other First premier card off.Cap one card closed. Verizon account sold to resurgent collection agency. this is everything on my credit report except for a loan i have with my credit union that was paid off.I guess my first question is where do I begin? I appreciate any and all advice and I look forward to working with all of you and watching these scores rise up!

Message 1 of 62
61 REPLIES 61
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Wanted mentors for Credit rebuild project

@hooper1 wrote:

Hello everyone,  today i am starting my credit rebuild project. Im hoping that you guys and gals will be willing to help me as I go through the long process. First I'd like to say that I have almost no idea where to begin or what to do. Im hoping all or at least one or two of you would be willing to be a mentor/counselor to me as I go through the process. So here are the details my current scores are EQ 467,TU 465, Exp 479. The rundown is as follows : CITI card closed they want 370$ and are offering a settlement they say it wiil go to collections agency on september 8.Total card closed and was sold to resurgent collection agency.Another Total card is closed and was sold to LTD financial collection agency.Reflex card closed and sold to CKS collection agency. First premier card closed but im currently paying 137$ a month to it.Second First premier card is currently not closed Im paying 120$ a month on that one ,its locked and not usable until i pay the other First premier card off.Cap one card closed. Verizon account sold to resurgent collection agency. this is everything on my credit report except for a loan i have with my credit union that was paid off.I guess my first question is where do I begin? I appreciate any and all advice and I look forward to working with all of you and watching these scores rise up!

I lined them up for easier reading. Need more info. Are any of these charge off's since you said they're closed. Do any of these accounts show a balance. If you can list them as Name of Creditor/Credit Line/Balance. This will help figure out a plan. Tackle Citi.

CITI card closed they want 370$ and are offering a settlement they say it wiil go to collections agency on september 8

Total card closed and was sold to resurgent collection agency.

Total card is closed and was sold to LTD financial collection agency.

Reflex card closed and sold to CKS collection agency

First premier card closed but im currently paying 137$ a month to it.

First premier card is currently not closed Im paying 120$ a month on that one ,its locked

Cap one card closed.

Verizon account sold to resurgent collection agency.

Right off the bat. If you can pay CIti. You dont want a CA added to your reports.

Message 2 of 62
hooper1
Valued Member

ok i will get all that info asap. and i will pay citi this week.thank you for helping

Message 3 of 62
Blu617
Valued Member

I agree, like @FireMedic1 said get that Citi card paid before it goes to collections. Continue paying your First Premeir and don't let that or any other card get sent to a collections agency. Then look into which collections agencies will allow you to PFD. There was a thread on here that lists them but I can't seem to locate it at the moment. Resurgent will PFD by policy, I had some with them myself and they're easy to work with. Due to the ease of their PFD, I'd probably pay those Resurgent collections after paying CITI so that you can start getting some baddies removed. Then move on to the others from there. Based on the information that you've provided it doesn't appear that you have a very difficult rebuild. 

Message 4 of 62
hooper1
Valued Member

thank you appreciate it.

Message 5 of 62
hooper1
Valued Member

ok more info:   Citi   (cl) 200/ (bal)307 marked as closed  over 120 day late ,paying the 307 this week as suggested by yall                                                       Total card  (cl) 300/ (bal) 0  charged off with resurgent CA

Total card  (cl) 300/ (bal)0   charged off with LTD CA

Reflex card  (cl) 1000/ (bal) 0 charged off  with CKS CA

First premier (cl) 800/ (bal) 1297  closed 1 60 day late paying 137$ monthly

First premier (cl) 900/ (bal)  1619 closed  all 'ok's" on payment history paying 120$ month

Cap one  (cl) 500/ (bal) 345  closed 120 day late 

Verizon  (bal) 1087 marked "c" for collections

Message 6 of 62
kiea
Frequent Contributor

Are you sure the 1st Premier cards are completely closed?  I had 2 cards with them a while ago.  I was late on 2 payments so the send me a letter stating the cards were closed but after I spoke to the customer service agent I was told if I brought the accounts current they would reopen the accounts.  

You should try calling customer service if it's not too late to see if you have the option to keep the accounts open

Start of rebuild July 2021

January 2022
Message 7 of 62
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@hooper1 wrote:

Citi  200/307 marked as closed  over 120 day late ,paying the 307 this week as suggested by yall NICE!!!!!!!!  

Total card  (cl) 300/ (bal) 0  charged off with resurgent CA Resurgent will PFD and remove the collection from your reports. NEXT!

Total card  (cl) 300/ (bal)0   charged off with LTD CA

Reflex card  (cl) 1000/ (bal) 0 charged off  with CKS CA

First premier (cl) 800/ (bal) 1297  closed 1 60 day late paying 137$ monthly

First premier (cl) 900/ (bal)  1619 closed  all 'ok's" on payment history paying 120$ month

Cap one  (cl) 500/ (bal) 345  closed 120 day late 

Verizon  (bal) 1087 marked "c" for collections

Keep bringing the FP card balances down. Then go after Cap1 and pay them since you didnt post a CA for them yet. Bit by bit. You can do it. Then settle with the other CA's. I do not believe they PFD. Keep us updated!

Message 8 of 62
hooper1
Valued Member

I spoke with customer service for two first premier cards.they said the one card is closed but they will open it when i get it paid back,the other card is not closed but im not able to use it until the other is current.but on my equifax report i just printed out they both show closed. 

Message 9 of 62
hooper1
Valued Member

thanks guys im following all your advice

Message 10 of 62
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.