cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Was able to get my credit scores from a month before BK discharge!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Was able to get my credit scores from a month before BK discharge!

After a few emails ,I was able to get the Scores right before my BK was discharged.  The scores in 1 year went from 450s to 640-650-658!  This really made my day!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Was able to get my credit scores from a month before BK discharge!

@Anonymous wrote:

After a few emails ,I was able to get the Scores right before my BK was discharged.  The scores in 1 year went from 450s to 640-650-658!  This really made my day!

Good work there recovering from the BK Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you! I wish I didn't have to go through all of this, but 4-5 years ago when I was 21-22, I just got stupid and didn't really realize how having good credit really helps you in so many ways.  I almost wish I didnt file BK, since it will be around on my files for 6 more years, I wonder what I could have gotten my score to if I didnt file for BK, and did the work I am doing now.  

At the same time, I see it this way, I would rather mess up in my mid 20s, than when I am older.  Live and Learn.  I am hard on myself, but the past year I have seen alot more people my age, that have very low scores, they complain about paying lots of bills late, but they always go shopping, or go out.  I'm fortunate that all this has taught me to be frugal( If I don't need it, I don't buy it. I eat at home, make my own meals, not trying to impress anyone).  Since the BK was discharged DEC 2013, I have had only had 1 late payment (In August 2014, I was in the ICU for 2 weeks, bad brain injury, and when I got discharged I still was so out of it, this one CC was the only one not set on auto-pay, and when I realized that it was late, I paid it.  I know it's no excuse for paying late, but I still was out of it, 6 months later and I'm still dealing with recovery issues.  It pisses me off that I missed that bill, only one I have paid late.  If I would have known it was late, I would have paid sooner.  Irks me! )   

I do though take pride in the job I've done in a Year. I know I can get my score in the 700s by August.  It feels great knowing my credit is improving, and even greater not getting any  debt collector calls.  Sorry about the novel! Once I get typing, it just flows.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

BK DISCHARGE SCORE: 450s to NOW 1 year later =640-650-658!    So that's a 200 jump in scores in 1 year.   Honestly, iis that something to be proud of ? Or could I have gotten it higher? I am doing my best to keep it going up.  I would love to hit 700s sometime.  So how am I doing??

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.