Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We went from 670-700 scores to 550-570... For 1 late payment... HELP

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

We went from 670-700 scores to 550-570... For 1 late payment... HELP

My husband and I were reported "30 days late" on our mortgage for December 2018.. I paid on the 31st when we got back from Mexico (I forgot to pay it before we left.. my fault, but life happens.. we had a death in the family and 2 kids birthdays, so I just lost my brain in December) They said we were technically 30 days late due to the holiday hours for the New Year.. So now we have dropped 100+ points and I don't know what to do to fix it. They wont remove it. We have NO other late payments OR derogatory marks, and we have under 15% utilization on our credit cards.. How can we get back to a decent credit score?? We were in the process of buying a bigger house and now we cant qualify..

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: We went from 670-700 scores to 550-570... For 1 late payment... HELP

Putting it lightly. A mistake was made that you kinda admitted to. 30day late penalties dont last long. But the initial hit does hurt. Here's a chart to see the impact and time it will affect you. I'm so sorry for your loss. in a year it wont hurt too much. If Oldman saw this he'd give you the auto-pay back up in case of oops happens again.

If you can get the util below 8.99% that will help some and keep the util below that for now.

fico8 lates versus time.png

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@FireMedic

What are the values on Y access? Is that the points you lose? Yikes!

Message 3 of 4
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@FireMedic

What are the values on Y access? Is that the points you lose? Yikes!

Its a chart CreditGuyInDixie found. I use it in the rebuild section. Comes in handy. I have 1 5.3 yr 30 day late and it is pretty darn accurate.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.