Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webbank charge offs

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Webbank charge offs

I have 2 charge offs from early 2014 from webbank finger hit and gettington, anyone have info if I can pfd or settlement experience and how did it report.

I've disputed over and over so I figure pfd maybe settle, one act balance is 780 the other is 1100.
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Webbank charge offs

@Anonymous wrote:
I have 2 charge offs from early 2014 from webbank finger hit and gettington, anyone have info if I can pfd or settlement experience and how did it report.

I've disputed over and over so I figure pfd maybe settle, one act balance is 780 the other is 1100.

You can attempt the PFD but OCs are pretty reluctant to do them. If they will great if not just settle it with them to stop any updating of the TL as it keeps Fico depressed. After it has updated to a paid CO you can request a GW deletion from them and you keep trying at set intervals to get it.

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello

I was wondering what you decided to do? Did you pay them off and did your score go up? If so, approx by how much?  Thank you and have a good day!

Message 3 of 5
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Obviously, if you obtain agreement for a PFD, then credit reporting thereafter is deletion, and thus effect is the removal of the derog(s) from scoring.

If you obtain a settlement agreement, then the creditor is required to promptly update their reporting to show a remaining balance of $0, and a current status of paid.  The prior delinquency status (e.g., charged-off, or 180+ late) is replaced with a new non-delinquency current status of paid, but the CO continues to be included in your payment history scoring, and thus continues to effect your scoring.

Paying, however, removes the current delinquency status, and thus precludes further updates that continue to extend the effective period of delinquency, permitting the CO to thereafter age in its scoring effect.

If a revolving account, paying also removes the debt from continued scoring under your % util category.

If you obtain a settlement for less, the creditor has the ability to additionally place the special comment reporting of "paid/settled for less" in your file, thus advising others that you did not pay the entire debt that you had obligated.  That is always an unfavorable comment in any manual review, as creditors dont expect to lose $ in their lending determinations.

If you negotiate a settlement for less, you can include a provision that they agree not to make any reporting that the debt was paid for less.

If they agree, then your credit report will appear the same as if you had paid in full.

Thus, you might attempt to obtain agreement not to report any reference to settled for less.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I personally would try to take care of this with the OC as soon as possible before Webbank sends it to collections. My webbank charge-off went to PRA and of course most know what kind of nightmare that can be.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.