Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weight of 30 Day Late: FICO vs. FAKO

tag
ccb2115
Frequent Contributor

Weight of 30 Day Late: FICO vs. FAKO

Hey,

So I am been trying to improve my credit and was finally able to get my college to remove a 30 day late payment on a loan from April 2011. Because I don't have access to my EXP FICO score, I wanted to know if guys think my score will increase more than my FAKO score went up. I know its extremely hard to calculate, and I am probably wasting everyone's time, but I was hoping for like a 50 pt increase since 30 day lates usually cause one's scores to drop said points. 

I checked my FAKO PLUS score, and it went from 669 to 682. I was kind of hoping for more points. Do you guys think that FICO will be a little more generous since payment history is extremely important? Thanks guys!!

Scores: EX: 793 EQ: 804 TU: 801
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
laz98
Senior Contributor

Re: Weight of 30 Day Late: FICO vs. FAKO

With such a recent late payment being cleared, I would imagine you would get some nice points, but I don't know if it will be 50 or so.

Message 2 of 3
ccb2115
Frequent Contributor

Re: Weight of 30 Day Late: FICO vs. FAKO

Thanks! I just checked my Trans FICO score (which has the exact same information) and it went from 666 -> 693. I'm hoping my EXP score is similar. I have a lot more Inqs on EXP, however this trans score is reporting a util of 31% (incorectly factoring my AMEX), so hopefully the scores are similar. I really want to apply for the Zync next week. 

Scores: EX: 793 EQ: 804 TU: 801
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.