Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Well I'm baffled

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well I'm baffled

OpenSky denied me because they said they couldn't validate my ssn. I sent them a copy of my card twice. How can you not verify that? I am just super frustrated right now. Super duper mega uber frustrated. Okay. Rant over I guess 😡😡😡
4 REPLIES 4
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Re: Well I'm baffled

@Anonymous wrote:
OpenSky denied me because they said they couldn't validate my ssn. I sent them a copy of my card twice. How can you not verify that? I am just super frustrated right now. Super duper mega uber frustrated. Okay. Rant over I guess 😡😡😡

Are you sure there were no errors made when you entered info during app, such as transposed numbers, letters, name? 

It's not that they cant verify you SS number ( there is special form for that), it's probably that info provided does not match the SS given.

I had something similar happen, actually it was ridiculous, I transposed first and last name. Synch was still able to do a HP and issue a card. I noticed the issue once I had card in hand. 

I had to send a copy of SS card and wait for them to fix and update 

Maybe go over your reports and make sure everything is correct, just in case there is some wrong info there 

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Change of name recently??  That would cause that to happen also.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I haven't had a name change, and as far as I know I entered everything on the application correctly. I sent in the docs requested to verify my identity but my ssn is the only thing they had an issue with. 🤷

I am hoping to be moving into my own place ( currently staying with son while I sell my house etc) by the end of next month if all goes well, so I may wait and reapply then.
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

A while ago you wrote about your ex husband using your info to apply for credit.

That could easily make someone wary about taking you on as a customer if they're not sure if they're getting you and not him.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.