cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Well, this sucks!

tnhomestead
Regular Contributor

Well, this sucks!

Was doing good on my rebuild. Paid the house and truck off, starting on the cards and our generator decides to die, on a Sunday! So just added a bit over 900 to the cards, now that's going the wrong way! No sun today, so needed the power. Oh well, now we have a good backup for the big generator. Just ticked me off with the timing.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Ilinferno
Frequent Contributor

Re: Well, this sucks!

That's definitely a bummer on the timing. Don't get discouraged you've made a ton of progress. Plus you have a sweet new generator. 

Message 2 of 4
FireMedic1
Super Contributor

Little tip. Your employer pays you to do a job. Each payday. Pay yourself for working by putting 10% of your net into a savings account. It builds pretty quick. Thats your emergency funds. When something like that happens. Pay with a card that gives perks and the money to pay it off is in the bank. I did that for 6 yrs and it helped me buy a house. Just a thought.

Homeowner since Sept 2020. My posts are JMHO. My siggy is not to brag. Just sharing my experiences after BK from learning here from rebuild to recovery from the @ 540's.
Message 3 of 4
tnhomestead
Regular Contributor

I do build savings every week, but just used almost all to pay off the house so am down to only about 400 that I can get, rest is in a 401k. I will pay off the cost of the generator this Friday, just wanted to get out of debt quicker!

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.