Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wells Fargo, Chase Goodwill Deletion + Fedloan Dispute

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wells Fargo, Chase Goodwill Deletion + Fedloan Dispute

Hi all,

I'm in the beginning stages of rebuilding my credit and have been lurking these posts for the last week. The information on here is invaluable, it's already helped me get an AFNI collection goodwill deleted! Thank you for all of the knowledgable posts, it's nice to know I'm not alone and have a community of warriors fighting the same battle. 

With the AFNI collection off, I still have 6 baddies:

Wells Fargo CO- $4,995 balance

Chase Closed/60 days late- $5,195 balance

4x FedLoan- 90 days late July 2018

I'm working on aggressively paying down the 2 cards, my goal is to have them both paid off by this Dec. It seems after reading here paying them off completely will be the best option to lower my utilization and then attempt for a goodwill deletion with both WF and Chase. I talked to WF on the phone and made an agreement to pay monthly until the balance is paid back in full but they are hitting me with a negative mark every month, is there anything I can do to negotiate so they show it as current/on time or do I have to wait until I have paid it off? It also seems like it's tough to get a goodwill deletion with both Chase and WF...has anyone had any luck recently? 

For the FedLoan late payments, when I pull up the accounts on credit karma, credit sesame, and experian they are showing as current for all months since 2015 except for July 2018 where it shows it is 90 days late. What is the best way to go about disputing this? Thank you in advance for any advice, it's greatly appreciated. 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Wells Fargo, Chase Goodwill Deletion + Fedloan Dispute

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi all,

I'm in the beginning stages of rebuilding my credit and have been lurking these posts for the last week. The information on here is invaluable, it's already helped me get an AFNI collection goodwill deleted! Thank you for all of the knowledgable posts, it's nice to know I'm not alone and have a community of warriors fighting the same battle. 

With the AFNI collection off, I still have 6 baddies:

Wells Fargo CO- $4,995 balance

Chase Closed/60 days late- $5,195 balance

I'm working on aggressively paying down the 2 cards, my goal is to have them both paid off by this Dec. It seems after reading here paying them off completely will be the best option to lower my utilization and then attempt for a goodwill deletion with both WF and Chase. I talked to WF on the phone and made an agreement to pay monthly until the balance is paid back in full but they are hitting me with a negative mark every month, is there anything I can do to negotiate so they show it as current/on time or do I have to wait until I have paid it off? Wait until its "paid off" or "settled for less" and then a 0 balance will show up. Whichever plan your on. It also seems like it's tough to get a goodwill deletion with both Chase and WF...has anyone had any luck recently? Seeing a full solar eclipse is easier than a GW with those 2.

For the FedLoan late payments, when I pull up the accounts on credit karma, credit sesame, and experian they are showing as current for all months since 2015 except for July 2018 where it shows it is 90 days late. What is the best way to go about disputing this? Thank you in advance for any advice, it's greatly appreciated. Was it 90 days late?

Welcome to the forums! If the 90 day late is accurate. It isnt going anywhere. Student loans will always show the lates and they wont remove them. If its not accurate then you have a case for a dispute. Chase and WF are not likely to have a heart and do any GW's. Time will vanish their sting until they fall off.

Message 2 of 4
tubbynerd
Regular Contributor

Chase and Wells are pretty tough nuts to crack, i personally havent had luck with either, even with them both paid in full. Good luck!

Message 3 of 4
calyx
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi all,

For the FedLoan late payments, when I pull up the accounts on credit karma, credit sesame, and experian they are showing as current for all months since 2015 except for July 2018 where it shows it is 90 days late. What is the best way to go about disputing this? Thank you in advance for any advice, it's greatly appreciated. 

I hope you don't mind - I snipped a bit there.

If the loans really were late (not incorrectly reported), then you could try calling them to see if you could qualify for a retroactive forebearance, which could remove the lates.   If you don't qualify for that, then there's nothing you can really do but wait it out for them to fall off.

If the lates were incorrect, you could dispute it with your documentation to back it up.

Disputing correctly reporting lates it will not help you.  They will confirm the lates, and let you know that they are required to report them since they are federal loans.     You can attempt to goodwill them, but student loan servicers generally don't take part in goodwill deletions.

Good luck!

Happy practitioner of AZE7or8or9or10 | Team Finances > FICO
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.