Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wells Fargo EFS help

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wells Fargo EFS help

This is my first post. I have been reading the forum for months and it has helped me raise my score from a mid 5's to mid 6's. I currently have 3 chargeoffs that are hold me back. 2 of which will fall off due to age in the next 6 months. This brings me to wells fargo. It's a student loan with a DOFD of 11/2014(will report monthly until 2021). They report it monthly as well. They offered to settle for 40%($3,500) but refuse to delete it and will only update it to settled. I would gladly pay them the $3,500 if they will delete it. Has any one had any success with PFD will wells. I have some questions about the age of this account anyway as it was taken out in 2005 and the last payment was 2010. They say the dofd is 2014 because it was in forebeance, which I never requested. When i asked for proof of a forebaramce request they sent me a letter they mailed to some random address in florida. Anyway, i did take out the loan in 2005 and just want the tradeline deleted. Any advice?
1 REPLY 1
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Wells Fargo EFS help

@Anonymous wrote:
This is my first post. I have been reading the forum for months and it has helped me raise my score from a mid 5's to mid 6's. I currently have 3 chargeoffs that are hold me back. 2 of which will fall off due to age in the next 6 months. This brings me to wells fargo. It's a student loan with a DOFD of 11/2014(will report monthly until 2021). They report it monthly as well. They offered to settle for 40%($3,500) but refuse to delete it and will only update it to settled. I would gladly pay them the $3,500 if they will delete it. Has any one had any success with PFD will wells. I have some questions about the age of this account anyway as it was taken out in 2005 and the last payment was 2010. They say the dofd is 2014 because it was in forebeance, which I never requested. When i asked for proof of a forebaramce request they sent me a letter they mailed to some random address in florida. Anyway, i did take out the loan in 2005 and just want the tradeline deleted. Any advice?

If its updating monthy settle to stop it from continuing to do so. OC is very hard to get removal of the TL, the older the better. If you believe there may have been forebearance issued in error you might contact the US Dept of Education to file a complaint. Welcome to the board.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.