Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wells Fargo GW Success

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wells Fargo GW Success

Late June 2019 I wrote WF executive office asking for a GW removal of a three-year-old 30-day late. I didn't hear back, so a month later I wrote again. This morning I got an alert from Wallet Hub that a negative had been removed from my TU report -- this was the only derog remaining on any of my reports. I verified and then checked with CCT for a $1 3-bureau report and saw it had been removed from all three. Oddly, my EX & TU scores showed no change, while EQ was +30 points from last time I checked 3 weeks ago. 

But I wanted to share that Mount Wells Fargo, while an extremely difficult climb, can be scaled. 

I will not offer specifics from my letter. I will say, "Follow the basics." There are plenty of examples here and elsewhere on the interwebs.

My basics are:

1) be polite -- you're asking a favor;

2) be unique, personable, poignant (if possible -- don't force it) -- it'll be an emotional decision by a stranger to help you;

3) be concise -- edit down to a page, page and a half -- don't bore them to death so they don't care;

4) be compelling -- make an argument that is objectively winnable; for someone to help you it is best if they can objectively justify their decision.

That's it. Good luck.

BTW, I did not use @BrutalBodyShots "Saturation Technique" but I was totally prepared to try that next. I should have tried it first. It is a better strategy. I got lucky. 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Wells Fargo GW Success

Congrats!Nice job!

Message 2 of 5
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Congratulations on your good will success. Hope to see your scores rise.

Thanks for the data points. This is encouragement for the community. Anything is possible.
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AllZero wrote:
... This is encouragement for the community. Anything is possible.

Anything is possible. In today's mail I received a letter from WF saying, "Thank you for inquiring about your account but we are required by law to report accurate information to the credit reporting agencies and blah blah blah ..."

I'm wondering if it's in response to the June request and got mailed late and travelled slowly. My other theory is that whoever read the 2nd letter handled it like a "business as usual" denial -- including mailing the No GW for You letter -- but then covertly hooked me up. 

I kind of like the idea of the 2nd one best so I'll probably roll with it. Whatever, the late is gone. 

And Thank You @AllZero & @FireMedic1

Message 4 of 5
Medic981
Valued Contributor

Congrats ! ! !

Your FICO credit scores are not just numbers, it’s a skill.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.