Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wells Fargo PFD or Settle

tag
GA8080
Contributor

Wells Fargo PFD or Settle

I have an old Wells Fargo retail (furniture) charge off for around $900. WF still owns the debt. The SOL expires in Oct. They mailed me a settlement offer for around $250. They call me at least 3 times a day and never leave a message. I'm concerned that they are either going to sell it or file a lawsuit before the SOL expires in a couple months. We are working towards getting a mortgage by the end of the year so obviously I want to do everything I can to remove/handle it asap. I emailed the EO with a kind of combination goodwill/pfd using the settlement amount they offered but received the standard letter that they cannot delete.

Should I continue to send PFDs? Or at this point am
I better off trying to get them to settle without the "paid less than full" remark on my CR? Also, who is the best to negotiate with... EO, address on my credit report, number on the settlement letter? Any advice would be appreciated!
Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.