Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What Happens After DV?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

What Happens After DV?

Well, I prepared a couple of DV letters and sent them out to CAs. I got my green slips back assuring me that they've got it. Of course, I didn't receive any reply yet since it has been only 7 days. However, I have the following questions for wise board members: 1. Can I now send not mine dispute letters to CRAs now since CA is legally prohibited to respond to any inquiry from CA regarding those particular accounts? 2. Also what happens if I disputed those accounts before with CRAs directly and received responses saying they were verified? Will CRAs now also ignore my request saying they already investigated this matter. Please share your experience with me on these issues. Thank you very much
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: What Happens After DV?

Don't dispute.

Unless you live in TX, CAs, by law (FDCPA), have an unlimited time to validate, they just can't engage in collection activities. Responding to a dispute is not a collection activity.

If they verify to your liking, then offer a PFD.

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I live in CA. Will it change anything? I read somewhere that after you send DV letters to CAs then you start disputing with CRAs. So that's not true then huh...
Message 3 of 5
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

ficowatcher740 wrote:
I live in CA. Will it change anything? I read somewhere that after you send DV letters to CAs then you start disputing with CRAs. So that's not true then huh...

No, definitely not true. In fact, harm can come to those who dispute. From personal experience, here's a few examples:

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh my then I must be out of luck. I initially disputed directly with all 3 CRAs and started with about 10 baddies and left with 5-6 that just won't go away. Every time I dispute with CRAs, all those negatives came back verified moreover some of them got re-aged. So I must have totally screwed everything up even before I start fixing my credit huh...
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.