Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What Now?

tag
jhoffa34
Established Member

What Now?

My fico fam,,,, here is the situation. I have got one of my collections accounts deleted which leaves me with 5.  I have 9 negative "open" accounts which are effecting me as well...here they are i am looking for some direction.

Collections

Calvary Portfolio, HSBC, $553 12/16/11 account opened

Midland Funding, Tmobile. $448 09/12

Enhanced Recovery DELETED!!!!

Credit collections Progressive Insurance $152 12/12/11

AFNI, Tmobile, $390 (tmobile when i called said the other Midland acccount is the only one on file for me)

The E&A Group, Grandview Towers (apartment in LA), $3379 11/01/2008 Last Reported, i left because my apartment was infested with bed bugs.

Other Negatives not in collections:

First premeir Bank card, $499

Verizon Wireless $772

Mohela Student Loans $1502, and $1575 past due 2 accounts 20k each

US Dept of Education 3 $0 accounts status Closed or Transferred when they consolidated to the Mohela Account

I am looking for a plan. Should i Verify them all, should i pay the ones i can afford? i am about to get squared away with Mohela on the student loans, i am having a situation with my truck that could be on here soon because i got robbed from a buy here pay here lot. i am overwhelmed but looking to move forward any advice is appreciated.  i did have success with my Enhanced recovery account getting removed from a DV letter.

Thanks in advance,

Jolon

Starting Score: 491 TU 490 EX EQ 510 FreeScore.com
Current Score:
Goal Score: 725 Across the Board
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
newmomnewme
Valued Contributor

Re: What Now?

Welcome to the forums!

What is your overall plan? Are you just trying to clean up your credit or are you in a time crunch and trying to raise your score for an approval??

Do you have money to pay all of these baddies or do you want to pay some and leave others?  I made the mistake of disputing everything on my report and it didn't end well, I still have dispute comments on my report!!  If I were you I would start by getting all of your open accounts (truck) current and keeping them current. Then move on to the most recent baddie and work from newest to oldest....opened accounts, then collection accounts. You don't want to make it worse by adding charge-offs to the mix. You could start by sending DV letters, once the debt is verified, send PFD letters and see who will bite. 

I have a few of the same CAs on my report: I am sending DV letters to Midland and Calvary; I suggest you do the same.  I hear that Midland can be a tough customer....I called yesterday and they offered %60 settlement on the two accounts I have with them, but I am going to try for less than %50. I also have Credit Collections for Progressive, see if they will settle with you...hopefully mine will fall of this month!  Keep us posted!!! Best wishes.

012019 Fico8/Mortgage Score:
Current Fico9/Fico8/Mortgage Score:
MyGoal Fico8/Mortgage Score:
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 2 of 6
jhoffa34
Established Member

Thanks alot newmomnewme  i am all for that. i would like to buy a new vehicle asap.  i already have a home that my fiance is on the mortgage and im on the deed, i feel like making 60k a year i shouldnt be riding in a 2000 tahoe with issues and a 20% apr.  that brings me to my next point. this truck.  2000 tahoe 158k issue after issue, 20.9% apr and $338 per month i owe 7k and its worth 3500 part of me wants to let them repo it and fight the battle with the negative credit line on this one, i have another car from my girls mom i can use but this would be yet another negative line to overcome.  I cant continue to pay $340 a month plus 700 in repair fees but im kinda screwed at this point. i am drowning in this truck and its not really reliable or i wouldnt even have an issue. i got sold a $2k bumper to bumper warranty that is a scam. either way i like the idea of paying the newest first and moving back, i also got added to 2 cards as AU so hopefully that helps me too. thanks for replying.

Current Score:
Message 3 of 6
newmomnewme
Valued Contributor

@jhoffa34 wrote:

Thanks alot @newmomnewme  i am all for that. i would like to buy a new vehicle asap.  i already have a home that my fiance is on the mortgage and im on the deed, i feel like making 60k a year i shouldnt be riding in a 2000 tahoe with issues and a 20% apr.  that brings me to my next point. this truck.  2000 tahoe 158k issue after issue, 20.9% apr and $338 per month i owe 7k and its worth 3500 part of me wants to let them repo it and fight the battle with the negative credit line on this one, i have another car from my girls mom i can use but this would be yet another negative line to overcome.  I cant continue to pay $340 a month plus 700 in repair fees but im kinda screwed at this point. i am drowning in this truck and its not really reliable or i wouldnt even have an issue. i got sold a $2k bumper to bumper warranty that is a scam. either way i like the idea of paying the newest first and moving back, i also got added to 2 cards as AU so hopefully that helps me too. thanks for replying.

ok, so the truck is your decision....I can tell you this, I had lots of late payments on my auto loan that I eventually paid off in 2009 and those lates STILL haunt me. Payment history has the biggest impact on your credit and score. So would it be possible to refinance the truck???? Any possibility?? I don't know how long repo stays on your credit report, but  I know the late payments are killers! Stick around and read I am sure you can find someone on here with a similar car situation and find out how they handled it. Best of luck.....it is a marathon man!!!  Smiley Happy

012019 Fico8/Mortgage Score:
Current Fico9/Fico8/Mortgage Score:
MyGoal Fico8/Mortgage Score:

Message 4 of 6
mebell
Regular Contributor

That interest rate is up there for the truck loan. Have you contacted the loan companyto find out what the payoff is for the auto loan? I understand you want out of it, but likenewmom said, that late payment will hurt you. My brother was in a very similar situation, where he bought a 1999 firebird a few years back and the interest and payments were ridiculus. What he did, was bite the bullet and stick with it and then paid it off when he had the extra money to do so. Otherwise his 6,000 vehicle would've costed him roughly $12,000 if he just made the bi-weekly payments. And once he was able to pay it off and build his credit a little, he traded in the vehicle to a dealership and got a much better interest rate and car. Also, the buy-here pay-here lot he used was not actively reporting to the CRAs. He was planning on just making payments for a year and then refinance, but when he tried his credit score was roughly the same since the activity of the loan was not being reported.

Starting Score: TU 629 6/2013
Current Score: TU 697 (March'14) EQ 688 (April'14) EX 693 (March '14)
Goal Score: 700

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
Message 5 of 6
jhoffa34
Established Member

hi thanks for the reply my truck has reported to all 3 agencies but at this point letting it get repo'd and battling that seems to make much more sense. i have another car to drive and either way trying to pay off a car that is "on its way out" im hoping will give me some leverage when i GW it or try to have this line taken off my account. my biggest issue is the truck isnt reliable and i need to get to work day to day.

Current Score:
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.