Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What U guys think of this rebuilding decision

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

What U guys think of this rebuilding decision

Hi fico members

Today made a decision pay portfolio recovery instead of paying off my c.c. balance before statement
Just went back to work full time hd
to almost max out my 200 secured cards get by.
I did take lst month a drop in points not much.
To stop workn my father passed.

I been doing really good the whole year building up positive credit even though
I have not reached higher yet I'm just glad to pay and get all this negative deleted.
I let credit go few yrs ago and know do i c being older how imp it is.
So I took my first check and paid them for less. And it will b deleted
However I'm at 65% with one of my c.c

Im on my own just getting by
Where I live my dad at the time a yr ago paid double security for my apt
Because credit no good.
He always said don't get in debt.
One day when I c that 700
It will b for him.
Will this give me a high score increase when deleted
All i get 1 to maybe 4 points paying on time my c.c.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Brooklyn2018
Valued Contributor

Re: What U guys think of this rebuilding decision

Sorry for your loss😞

Yes! Getting anything deleted from your CR’s is always a good decision. If you normally do not carry a balance and have not had UTL troubles in the past year with your card then you’ll be fine. Just try to get it out of max status as soon as you can.

Is this your only baddie?

If this is your ONLY baddie you will see a score increase if it gets deleted. If you have other baddies and depending how NEW they are(?) you may not see much of an increase. YMMV

Do your best to bring down your UTL, as you probably already know, your leaving points on the table.

Adding a few more DP’s would be helpful just to see if others could give you a tune of an increase amount. It sounds like you have some established credit but, if you need more advice on other things(?) add some DP’s if you feel like sharing? It’s not necessary and I hope I answered your question.

Again, sorry for your loss. Stay strong and stay focused. Keep that 700 on your mind and get there. You can do it.

Best of Luck moving forward!👍

😊

Goal Score: 600(within a year)**MET MY GOAL** | Goal Score: 700**MET MY GOAL** | Goal score: 800
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

>

I❤️NY
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.