cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What a relief! All paid, I can see the light at the end of a very long dark scary tunnel!

tag
izzesparks
Frequent Contributor

What a relief! All paid, I can see the light at the end of a very long dark scary tunnel!

Just paid my last and final collection! $1004 with Resurgent. All charge offs and collections on my report now PAID Smiley Happy Only school loans left and working on that now! Feel so free, never want to get in that position ever again. I feel like a weight has been lifted. 

I hear paying off a collection drops your score a lot, but I still wanted to pay it, trying to be as debt free as possible before I buy my home. Hopefully the score recovers a bit before I need to get a mortgage preapproval. 

Next move is to GW the heck out of Resurgent for a deletion, researching good contact info right now. Then pay all cards but one to 0 and one to 9%. 

I did it, can't believe it, hard road for sure. Now I can finally get some sleep lol. 

Starting Score: TU-470 4/11/19, EQ-482 4/11/19, EX-486 4/11/19
Current Score: TU-507 7/18/19, EQ-517 7/18/19, EX-508 7/18/19
Goal Score: TU-700, EQ-700, EX-700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Blazon
Valued Member

Re: What a relief! All paid, I can see the light at the end of a very long dark scary tunnel!

Congratulation Izzesparks on your recent acheivement.  It is your testimonal that provides hope to many who are in the process of rebuilding the credit.  Please keep us posted on your progress with the Goodwill Letters.  I look forward to hearing more about your continued success.  Happy Gardening.   

Message 2 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What a relief! All paid, I can see the light at the end of a very long dark scary tunnel!

Congrats on the success! Your score may drop temporarily (shouldn’t be too bad though, and almost negligible if it’s been updating all along) when the CA updates your collection status for the final time to “paid $0 balance” but then the healing can begin. No more updates means that it can begin to age and its effect will lessen with time. Totally worth it and your financial picture will definitely improve now.
Message 3 of 13
ItsCASHual
Regular Contributor

Congratulations to you! An amazing feeling to have them all paid.

I begin to think even more about this as Christmas is fast approaching and (for me) knowing I don't have tons of debt anymore. 

FICO 8

Message 4 of 13
izzesparks
Frequent Contributor

@ItsCASHual wrote:

Congratulations to you! An amazing feeling to have them all paid.

I begin to think even more about this as Christmas is fast approaching and (for me) knowing I don't have tons of debt anymore. 

Feels awesome doesn't it? Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 13
AllZero
Mega Contributor

The light you see is not a train coming from the opposite direct. It's actually daylight.

Congratulations in your success! Very well done. Good luck on your good will letters.
Message 6 of 13
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Congrats @izzesparks Thats how ya do it. I dont pull it out often. But this calls for a fire it up moment.....

lights(1).gif

Message 7 of 13
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@izzesparks wrote:

Now I can finally get some sleep lol. 

Yes!  That's the most important part.  

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 8 of 13
izzesparks
Frequent Contributor

@FireMedic1 wrote:

Congrats @izzesparks Thats how ya do it. I dont pull it out often. But this calls for a fire it up moment.....

lights(1).gif

WooHooo Thanks!! I feel honored Smiley Happy 

Message 9 of 13
izzesparks
Frequent Contributor

@GApeachy wrote:

@izzesparks wrote:

Now I can finally get some sleep lol. 

Yes!  That's the most important part.  

Yes Smiley Very Happy No more OT, working 7 days in a row, working side gigs, spending all night selling old/new clothes online! Just ZZZZZZZZZZZZ's lol Smiley Wink

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.