Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What do I do first?

tag
southernficoaddict
Frequent Contributor

What do I do first?

These are my only two collections, well three, but I think one is a duplicate.
HFS Services
med. collection
Orig. bal.-$50.00
Bal.-$50.00
Date opened 6/13/2005
Date reported 10/24/2005
Reporting to TU and EQ
Another reporting to EQ with the same first 4 acct #'s, same opened and reported dates, but no CA name or other info. and different amount

NCO Fin/99
Original Creditor:  Bell South
Orig. Bal.-111.00
Bal.- $111.00
Date opened 6/11/2004
Date reported 6/2008  (apparently June is not a good month for me)

I sent a PFD letter to NCO stating that even though I disputed that this was my debt, I would pay it in full in order to have it removed from my CR.  Should I have done something else first?  I havent heard anything back from them.

I also have a tax lein from 2004 that is reporting as "filed"  even though it is paid.  Any advice on that as well.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What do I do first?

HFS Services
med. collection
Orig. bal.-$50.00

Medical is different then other debt       mail this letter to all CRAs reporting  CMRRR   disputing HFS

Dear CRA,

My name is xxxxx xxxxxx , my SS # is xxx xx xxxx.

I am sending this dispute certified mail # xxxx to make sure you receive it.

I have no knowledge or records of account # xxxxx reported by xxxxxxx

Please advise me as to the name and address of the medical provider, the date and type of service,and to whom the service was provided, as any account I might have had would be obsolete.

If you can obtain this information, I also would need the name of the person providing this data, and the manner in which it was provided in order that I may pursue additional legal remedies.

If you can not obtain The information from the original creditor  within the required time frame (30 days)   Please delete this account from my CR.

Please mail me an updated report when this dispute is completed.

Very truly yours,
xxxxxx
address

NCO Fin/99   make a bet that this debt is from 1999

Send them a DV  CMRRR   make the correction where needed & DO NOT SIGN IT!  just type your name

August 26, 2007

Jones Collection Agency
222 1st Street
Noplace, FL33333

Re:      Account #:                   5555555
            Original Creditor:         Smith & Smith Corp
Dear Sir or Madam:
This letter hereby notifies you that the validity of this debt is in dispute. In an attempt to validate this debt, I am requesting evidence of this debt, specifically the alleged contract or other instrument bearing my signature, as well as proof of your authority in this matter. Absent such substantiation, under federal and state law you must correct any erroneous reporting to any and all credit reporting agencies
In accordance with Section 809 of the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, Fair Credit Reporting Act and corresponding case law, please provide me, in writing, the following information:
  1. A copy of the alleged original contract or other instrument bearing my signature
  2. Complete account history, including, all statements, records of all activity, payments, collection attempts, and any charges added for collection activity; In short, any and all documentation pertaining to this account
  3. Evidence of your authorization under 15 USC 1692(e) and 15 USC 1692(f) in this alleged matter
  4. Evidence that your company is registered as a consumer collection agency in the State of Florida
Additionally, until full validation is provided, all representatives of your company, or any affiliated company, must immediately cease & desist all attempts to collect the aforementioned debt. Failure of your company to comply with this request will be a violation of the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act and will directly result in a complaint filed with the Federal Trade Commission and the State of Florida Attorney General's office. Please be advised, should this request be violated, I will pursue all criminal and civil claims, including any and all punitive damages, allowable by federal and state law against your company.
Failure to respond, in writing, and in a timely manner, will serve as a waiver to any and all of your claims in this matter and that this matter is permanently closed. Please provide the requested information or correct your records and immediately request the removal of this invalid debt from all sources to which you may have reported.

For the purposes of 15 USC 1692 et seq., this Notice has the same effect as a dispute to the validity of the alleged debt and a dispute to the validity of your claims. This Notice is an attempt to correct your records, and any information received from you will be retained should further action become necessary. This is a request for information only, and is not a statement, election, or waiver of status.
I look forward to your timely response.
Best regards,
Jane Doe
<SCRIPT type=text/javascript> hasEML = false; </SCRIPT> <SCRIPT type=text/javascript> </SCRIPT> <SCRIPT type=text/javascript> </SCRIPT>

ADDY

Message 2 of 4
southernficoaddict
Frequent Contributor

Thank You!! I'm sending these today.  These are my only collections so maybe I can make some headway with this.  I have to work on DH's next, he has three med collections and that is it.  All are past SOL.  Three months left for 12 months with no lates.  We both have only 2 TL's reporting lates in the last 12 months, then it goes to abou two years ago.  I would love for the credit analysis line to read something besides History of Payment: BAD.  At least DH's says NOT GOOD, I would settle for that.
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Did you call Bellsouth...AT&T...whichever...to see if they will still accept payment...and pull the account out of collections???...or did they sell the accoutn to the CA???...well like Wonderin saud...follow the Hipaa letter for the medical bill...and see what happens....

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.