Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What does it mean when they say "There's nothing we can do?"

tag
owlgray84
New Visitor

What does it mean when they say "There's nothing we can do?"

Hi all,

I am starting the process of trying to send out GW and PFD letters to some CA's on my credit report. I've been lurking the forums for a few days now, and I've seen in some topics when people post to say their GW worked for certain CA's, that others tried to do the same thing, and got letters back saying, "Sorry, there's nothing we can do to delete it off your report."  

Why is that? Are they just being d*cks about it or are there legitimate reasons for not being able to take pay offs off your credit report? Just curious as to others experience when getting replies like that. 

Thanks!

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
policebox
Contributor

Re: What does it mean when they say "There's nothing we can do?"

It means whomever responded to your request is unwilling to comply with it. The reasons for not doing so range from, as you stated, being d*cks to it being company policy. I'm not sure what more there is to add to the answer. It's like any request you make of a person. They will either comply with the request or deny it and they have their own personal motivations for whichever decision they make. Unless they are in violation of some law, then there is no guaranteed way to compel them to acquiesce.

Message 2 of 9
owlgray84
New Visitor

Thanks policebox. I know it's a totally stupid question with a duh answer, but i'm new to all of this and I guess I just can't wrap my head around a credit agency saying "nah, I don't think so" when its our lives and credit score. I guess i'm just still pissed off about the whole system in general. But thanks!

Message 3 of 9
NWintellectual
Regular Contributor

@owlgray84 wrote:

Thanks policebox. I know it's a totally stupid question with a duh answer, but i'm new to all of this and I guess I just can't wrap my head around a credit agency saying "nah, I don't think so" when its our lives and credit score. I guess i'm just still pissed off about the whole system in general. But thanks!

You're right to be frustrated. It really is a system designed to punish mistakes much more harshly than it rewards good behavior. I just resolve that whatever happened in the past is in the past and I am moving forward. That keeps me going.

Starting Score (2/15/14): TU 533 (myFICO) | EQ 509 (myFICO)
Latest score (4/5/14): TU 541 (Lender) | EQ 562 (SW) | EX 576 (myFICO)
Goal Score by 9/30/14: 620+ | Goal Score by 6/30/15: 700+
-----
My wallet:
US Bank LanPass Secured $500 | US Bank HD Secured $300 | Fingerhut $200 | Local CU $1000
Message 4 of 9
buildafico
Frequent Contributor

just send your goodwill letter in this next time. should do the trick lol

some textsome textsome textsome textsome textsome textsome textsome textsome text>some text
Message 5 of 9
babyeyes00
Regular Contributor

I love that cup.  If I received this by email, I would laugh and take off the lates.  You can win some battles with comedy Smiley Happy

Starting Score: 555
Current Score: 685
Goal Score: 825

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 6 of 9
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Looking for the "Like" button on this one, brilliant!

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 7 of 9
DVH1980
Contributor

Im seriously going to do this with my last 2 hardliners

*USAA WORLD MC 18k* *USAA VISA 12k* *AMEX BCE 10k* *DISCOVER IT 15k* *AMEX ZYNC* *B of A SIGNATURE CASH 15k* *NAVY FEDERAL PLATINUM 20k* *CITI DOUBLE CASH 15k* *Veridian CU 14k* *Barclays Apple 12.5k*

Message 8 of 9
buildafico
Frequent Contributor

Also available in "please please please please please give me a credit limit increase." lol
some textsome textsome textsome textsome textsome textsome textsome textsome text>some text
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.