Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What does this Response Mean?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

What does this Response Mean?

I sent a PFD letter (here is a couple of the paragraphs in the letter)

In the spirit of compromise, I am willing to pay this account IN FULL (or settlement percentage) if you agree to immediate deletion of this account from any and all credit reporting agencies (Equifax, Experian and TransUnion). The purpose of this settlement is merely to have this item removed from my credit files; it is not to be construed as an acknowledgment of liability for this debt in any form.

If you agree to the terms and accept this agreement, certified funds for the settlement amount of five hundred fifty-six dollars ($556.00) will be sent to National Credit Systems in exchange for full deletion of ALL references regarding this account from my credit files and full satisfaction of the debt. As certified funds will be used for payment, there shall be no waiting period regarding the deletion of this account from the credit reporting agencies.

I clearly stated that I am willing to pay them and I got back this response...

Your dispute has been investigated; however, we have yet to find sufficient evidence to validate your claim. In the event that new information is obtained which places doubt on the validity of this debt, we will promptly update our records accordingly. In addition, National Credit Systems, Inc. will revise or delete the information it may have reported to the three major credit bureaus, in full compliance with the provisions of The Fair Credit Reporting Act, The Fair Debt Collections Practices Act and any state regulations that may be applicable.

So what does that mean?

I am not going to pay them if they are not going to delete from my credit report.

Also, on my credit report from TrueCredit this collections account has been updated and it now says...

Remarks:
[TransUnion] Account information disputed by consumer, meets FCRA requirements
[Experian] Customer disputed account - reported by subscriber.
[Equifax] Consumer disputes this account information
Subject has not satisfied debt.

Thanks

Message Edited by Texcalibur on 05-28-2008 02:02 AM
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Nectarine
Contributor

Re: What does this Response Mean?

It means that your "dispute" wasn't investigated. It was probably 'read' by a machine (or low-level employee) and they sent you an automated response.

I recommend sending it again, to people higher-up if you can find them. I also wholeheartedly recommend sending it via email to the ceo, pres., upper-management types... pretty much anyone you can think of. You're saying "hey! I've got money for you, but you won't take it!"

I'm sure if you mention that you have just offered them money but received this weird response, they'll "investigate" a bit more thoroughly this time. Smiley Wink
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What does this Response Mean?

I think they took this as a DV letter...instead of a PFD letter...send another letter...stating that you are not disputing the validity of the account...you want to PFD...
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.