Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What does this mean? Denial letter from WF

tag
myfreshstart27
Established Member

What does this mean? Denial letter from WF

I have a denial letter from WF regarding a student card that I applied for and I am very confused about some of their reasons. The ones that have me sitting here scratching my head going HUH? are....

- Deceased record on identification database.    --- What does that mean?

- Club and subscription payment rate                    --- No clue what this means either.

The CRA they pulled from was actually one that I've never heard of: www.L2C.com. Anyone have experience with this company or can elaborate with what these reasons actually mean.

age: 24 | status: rebuilding mode | short term goal: 650 | long term goal: 800
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: What does this mean? Denial letter from WF

Deceased means that your name, ssn or something came up as you being deceased.  Are you able to pull from the CRAs?

I have never heard of them but after a search they seem to be one of those "we do it all" type places.  Even collections.

The score is their score, not a FICO.  There is also a contact area if you have been denied credit.

No idea wht the Club and subscription thing means.

Message 2 of 7
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

I saw that you added other CCs, so definitely don't retry. Sit on what you have.

The comments could also be sourced from LexisNexis.

Message 3 of 7
myfreshstart27
Established Member

@guiness56 wrote:

Deceased means that your name, ssn or something came up as you being deceased.  Are you able to pull from the CRAs?

I have never heard of them but after a search they seem to be one of those "we do it all" type places.  Even collections.

The score is their score, not a FICO.  There is also a contact area if you have been denied credit.

I figured that's what it meant but it just didn't make sense to me since I'm alive and kicking typing this LOL Smiley LOL When I went to check what CRA they recieved their information from I assumed it would be one of the major three (TU, EQ or EX) but it was the L2C  company that I mentioned before. When I went to their website to view more information there was only a form to fill out and supposedly they mail you what they found? I found it very odd that a major bank wouldn't use a major CRA but :shrugs:

None of the major three: TU, EQ or EX think I'm dead lol.

Message 4 of 7
myfreshstart27
Established Member

@llecs wrote:

I saw that you added other CCs, so definitely don't retry. Sit on what you have.

You may have gotten me confused with another member; I don't have any existing credit cards ATM however,  I wasn't planning to recon or reapply with WF anywhere in the near future. The reasons for the denial just baffle me especially with the strange CRA.

Message 5 of 7
guiness56
Epic Contributor

@myfreshstart27 wrote:

@guiness56 wrote:

I figured that's what it meant but it just didn't make sense to me since I'm alive and kicking typing this LOL Smiley LOL When I went to check what CRA they recieved their information from I assumed it would be one of the major three (TU, EQ or EX) but it was the L2C  company that I mentioned before. When I went to their website to view more information there was only a form to fill out and supposedly they mail you what they found? I found it very odd that a major bank wouldn't use a major CRA but :shrugs:

None of the major three: TU, EQ or EX think I'm dead lol.

Lol.  I kind of figured you were not deceased. 

I am not sure, and couldn't really tell from reading, where they actually get their information.  I would at least fill out that form and submit it.

Message 6 of 7
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

@myfreshstart27 wrote:

@llecs wrote:

You may have gotten me confused with another member; I don't have any existing credit cards ATM however,  I wasn't planning to recon or reapply with WF anywhere in the near future. The reasons for the denial just baffle me especially with the strange CRA.

You're right. My bad.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.