Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What in the world...

tag
misscammiej
New Contributor

What in the world...

We disputed 3 things on our credit report, one was a duplicate by two agencies. They deleted one, and verified 2 old ones, I checked our score and it plummeted. Equifax told me specifically that it wouldn't bring our score down, as they were all three reporting, and that if anything it would go up once one or more were removed. So what in the world??? Does it take 30 days to update? Any info would be wonderful, and of course it's sunday and I can't call. 

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: What in the world...

What type of account did you dispute?  CAs and PR have no impact when in dispute, only certain aspects of an OC account is removed from scoring.  CL, balance and payment history are removed, once the dispute is resolved, if they didn't do anything your score should go back to where it was.  If they deleted it could go either way.

Message 2 of 10
misscammiej
New Contributor

It was a collection agency for a medical bill! It was $1116. We never made a payment, and it was deleted completely. 

Message 3 of 10
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Should of had no impact on your score except maybe to raise it.

Was the account showing under collections or in the account sections?  Sometimes when the CRAs misplace the account it could happen.  However, FICO still scores it as a colllection.

Message 4 of 10
misscammiej
New Contributor

It is under collections.

Message 5 of 10
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Your score should have went up if anything. 

Give it a few days to see if your score goes back up.  EQ seems to be lagging a bit.

Message 6 of 10
misscammiej
New Contributor

Thanks! I need instant gradification lol. I appreciate your input! 

Message 7 of 10
kjel
Established Contributor

I lost 8 points on EQ per ScoreWatch when I got an alert that there was a dispute filed. Once the item in question was deleted my score bounced back 39 points. It took about 10 days.

Current Score: TU: 674 | EQ: 722 | EX: 717 | Last Inq. 2/16/15...Locked Up in The Garden
NFCU Cash Rewards $14K | Chase Sapphire Preferred $5K | Amex Blue Cash Preferred $6K | Cap1 Quicksilver One Visa $9K

Message 8 of 10
machpar
Valued Member

When I disputed a balance for a Verizon collection it dropped my score 62 pts!  Two days later the balance portion of the dispute was removed and it jumped 70 pts. Still under dispute but it takes some patience.

Trying to buy a house Smiley Sad
480 - 4/2012
624- 6/2013

Getting there :/
Message 9 of 10
misscammiej
New Contributor

Thanks so much! It was disputed 4/29 and finished 5/17. I got the notification email today I could review the results. So, a couple wells from now I should check?
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.