cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the best credit monitoring service?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

What is the best credit monitoring service?

Equifax vs True Credit(TU) vs Credit Expert (EX)vs MyFico vs Privacy Guard vs ..... I've had CE and Equifax but I got different number from both. I've also obtained my report annually from ACR.com and it was a little different too. Some of these are fine but trying to unsubscribe is like trying to quit AOL...impossible. I'm basically looking to monitor all 3 and get accurate updates via email. Opinions?
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
cobra19
Valued Contributor

Re: What is the best credit monitoring service?

I'm a True Credit person, myself. It is useful ONLY for monitoring changes to your accounts - DISREGARD ANY SCORES. They are not Fico scores. 

Message Edited by cobra19 on 05-06-2008 07:34 AM
New York Yankees - 2009 World Series Champions. 27... and counting.....
Message 2 of 6
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

cobra19 wrote:
I'm a True Credit person, myself. It is useful ONLY for monitoring changes to your accounts - DISREGARD ANY SCORES. They are not Fico scores. 

Agreed...use that myself.  Fairly cheap, as monitoring services go, and even tho the scores are not fico's...you will see when they're going up, which is good.  If you're working on getting neg's off your report & see some positive results, give it a little time & pull your fico's again & compare against the fako's. 

BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Truecredit for monitoring reports...scores are worthless...MYFICO for scores...reports are useless to me...
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

OK, so just keep the membership going for True Credit and then pay the $50 for a one-time pull for your fico score from time to time, is that right?  Or do you guys pay the $50/yr fee to Fico?  Does that entitle you to unlimited fico scores per year or just once?
Message 5 of 6
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

Whatever you do, google for myfico discount codes first. Save yourself a few ends.

Starting Score: 469
Current Score: 849
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.