cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the best way to get a charged off deleted?

tag
EmilyDR123

What is the best way to get a charged off deleted?

Does anyone have a charged off removed?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Goodwill letter and Diagnosed with a liver disease. Charged off removal request

@EmilyDR123 wrote:

Does anyone have a charged off removed using a Goodwill letter sending the creditor and deb collectors the lab work and test showing how the disease they were diagnosed is progressing? 

I have never heard of anyone doing this. If you are going to attempt it I would send them a bare minimum of info they really dont need to know everything about your medical condition.

Message 2 of 4
jrwa81
Regular Contributor

Re: Goodwill letter and Diagnosed with a liver disease. Charged off removal request

Honestly, they are not going to want to see your medical records and it's entirely unecessary to send these to them.  They likely will not even look at them and you certainly are under no obligation whatsoever to provide your confidential health information to anyone, especially a debt collector.  I have only ever heard of GW letters working on late payments, not on charge offs.  However, you're certainly welcome to try.  With a CO, though, you're much likely going to be a lot better off contacting either the original creditor or the CA to try and negotiate a settlement.  

Message 3 of 4
fishbjc
Senior Contributor

Having liver disease isn't a reason, it's an excuse.  The chances of getting a charge off removed are slim to probably zero.  

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.