cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is this process called?

Auto Loans for ANY Credit Situation. Immediate Response.
Advertiser disclosure

What is this process called?

They mark the original debt paid. That debt was paid with a new debt, of which a payment plan is part of. That new debt is listed on the credit report It is positive for both sides since the debtor gets a new tradeline that they can make good on and for the creditor, they get money they would never end up seeing.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Super Contributor

Re: What is this process called?

You might mean you contact a creditor and work out a payment plan to pay the debt owed and a possible pay for deletion. It doesnt mean they start all over and create a new account and so forth. Once an account is created it stays 1 account forever until its PIF,closed and falls off.

My posts are JMHO. My siggy is not to brag at all. Just sharing my experiences after learning here from rebuild to recovery after BK DC at 540's. And to show fellow members what can be accomplished when you do it right and play the FICO Credit Game. Pay it Forward!
Message 2 of 5

It is not pay for delete.  I would have remembered that simple solution.  It was what I originally wrote in my post.  They mark the original debt paid.  That debt was paid with a new debt, of which a payment plan is part of.  That new debt is listed on the credit report.

Message 3 of 5
Established Contributor

Are you referring to rehabilitation of a debt, maybe? I've seen it with student loans, but not outside of that. Most creditors will not be willing to e tend additional credit to someone they feel has already defaulted on them. But as with anything, ymmv.
Starting rebuild July 2019 EX 501, EQ 512, TU n/a CCT Fico 8 scores
Message 4 of 5
Super Contributor

@aviodont wrote:

It is not pay for delete.  I would have remembered that simple solution.  It was what I originally wrote in my post.  They mark the original debt paid.  That debt was paid with a new debt, of which a payment plan is part of.  That new debt is listed on the credit report.

Is this the same creditor? Or a collection agency. There are some companies that will let you prove yourself again to make up from the past. Thats a rare bird. I dont think theres a certain name for it. Rehab maybe. But like the poster above stated that usually for student loans. Who are you talking about anyway?

My posts are JMHO. My siggy is not to brag at all. Just sharing my experiences after learning here from rebuild to recovery after BK DC at 540's. And to show fellow members what can be accomplished when you do it right and play the FICO Credit Game. Pay it Forward!
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.