Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What next? DV is approaching 30 days (in TX) no response

tag
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: What next? DV is approaching 30 days (in TX) no response

They did violate TX code by not responding within the 30 days allotted.

I would just wait and see what happens.  Too many complaints/letters out at one time could either cause delays getting a response or cause a lot of confusion.

Message 11 of 15
ruger33
New Contributor

Just an update...

I took a couple of months off from working my credit, let my new accounts begin to report and whatnot. These people never responded to anything. I ended up making copies of all the receipts from my complaints with the BBB, TAG and FTC, the CMRR receipt from my DV and a well worded PFD citing thier knowing and willing disregard for the TFC and mailed them to the CA last month... Fast forward 3 weeks and the collection is no longer on any of my reports. I have not received anything asking for payment or anything, they seem to have just went "away"

Gardening with one hand as I weed with the other...
400s LP 4/13 525 LP 6/13... Forever climbing,1st goal 600s
Message 12 of 15
Shokk
Established Contributor

That tells me they couldn't validate and closed the file.  Watch your reports though.  They will probably sell it to another JDB.

I don't know my start scores, but low 500s. 6/2013

2/19/15
EQ FAKO - 638
EX FICO - 665
TU FICO - 697
Message 13 of 15
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

The TX finance code does not require a debt collector to provide validation/verification within 30 days.

It requires them to respood within 30 days. 

Their response can state that they have not yet obtained verification.  If that is their response, the code requires that they delete their reported collection until such time as they have provided verification, and that they may then reinsert.

Being late by a week or so may be a technical violation, but not a big deal.

The bigger issue is that they must then report deletion of the collection until they have provided the requested verification.

Message 14 of 15
ruger33
New Contributor

@RobertEG wrote:

The TX finance code does not require a debt collector to provide validation/verification within 30 days.

It requires them to respood within 30 days. 

Their response can state that they have not yet obtained verification.  If that is their response, the code requires that they delete their reported collection until such time as they have provided verification, and that they may then reinsert.

Being late by a week or so may be a technical violation, but not a big deal.

The bigger issue is that they must then report deletion of the collection until they have provided the requested verification.

my issue was with no response whatsoever. Would have PFD'd if they could have validated. but I'm happy with the outcome as of now.

Gardening with one hand as I weed with the other...
400s LP 4/13 525 LP 6/13... Forever climbing,1st goal 600s
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.