Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What next?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

What next?

Started working on improving my credit May of 2018 and I'm not sure the best next steps to take? I've included all of the relevant information that I could think of. Thanks in advance! 

score = 683

Credit Debt - $0

Total Available Credit - 3 cards with total $2,300

Collections Debt - $0

Average Account Age - 6 years 3 mos

Oldest Account - 11 years 4 mos

Installment debt - $32,XXX

Credit Inquiries - 9

Accounts Ever Late - 2

Last late payment - Nov 2016 30 day late x 4

Repo - April 2014 --- this has been paid in full the week it was repo'd and the bank has been very reluctant to make any changes on this account.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: What next?

From what you listed you got 3 revolvers and a installment loan. So your set for now. List who your cards are with. You should be good to get something you could use for cash back,ect. You list 3 cards but $0 balance. You need 1 to report 1% to get a FICO bump.

Where is the score from too.

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Three cards are: cap 1 secured, discover secured, and care credit. Both secured cards are supposed to transition in February and March respectively.

Credit score is from Experian, Cap 1 and Discover... all three are extremely close.
Message 3 of 5
DIYcredit
Frequent Contributor

Try to keep your oldest cc open if possible.

Message 4 of 5
dynamicvb
Valued Contributor

Looks to me like you just need time. Can try to goodwill the baddies, but time is probably what will help the most and let accounts age and the inquiries fall off. 

Started Rebuild 4/2018: EX 616| TU 604| EQ 621

Current 5/28/20:

First Goal Score: 750+ Reached 3/2019

Next Goal all over 800
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.