cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What now?

tag
Nyght

What now?

Ok, I think my 2nd chance will be blown to hell in a handbasket after my fresh start after CH 7.  My health hit the skids and a lot of what happened was from the overwhelming STRESS I have been going through. Well falling out of medical standards is enough to stop me from working on my job until I can correct what was wrong and come back. In the meantime, I have had NO INCOME.

I did in fact, set up new credit with CAPONE, Premier (I know), Credit One (I know again) USAA(SEC)  Also, CAPONE is not behind yet nor is USAA, just the other two.

Long story short is I have fallen behind on payments and blown credit utilization away

Today, my medical issues are corrected and I will soon return to work and my plan is to catch-up those bills that fell behind first, then go to work to cut down my utilization.  My question is Have I blown my 2nd chance with this as I suspect? Can even this be salvaged or will I be saddled with a super slow recovery now?

Any advice?

4 REPLIES 4
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: What now?

What is your current level of delinquency on each account?

Have any been charged-off or referred to a debt collector?

Have any collections been reported?

Message 2 of 5
Nyght

What is your current level of delinquency on each account?      about a month (not much I know but I see so many posting how essential it is to ALWAYS pay on time and keep util low)

Have any been charged-off or referred to a debt collector?   Not yet

Have any collections been reported?     So far as I know, No.

Once I get back to work, in 2 to 3 weeks I can catch everything up as my first step but my utilization has me spooked badly   fairly 100% (+) now

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

If the lates are under 30 days you're fine. Over 30 and they will ding your scores fairly hard, but for a relatively limited time. 30 day lates lose most of their score impact after two years.

Message 4 of 5
marty56
Super Contributor

You can never destroy your credit in that it won't recover over time.  I didn't get these scores until I was over 60.  It would have been better for me to do that at 30 but I still did it so you can too.

1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.