Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What options do I have?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

What options do I have?

After 3 GW attempts, I recieved a letter dates 3/25 from synchrony stating they will move a charge off that was sold to portfolio recovery. I have already paid portfolio recovery.

As of today, it has not been removed. I disputed it with a copy of letter, but it came back verified.

What should I do now?
6 REPLIES 6
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: What options do I have?

That have stated that they are agreeing to voluntary deletion.

Neither the sale of a debt after a charge-off nor the ultimate payment of a debt is basis for required deletion of any derogs reported by the creditor that occured prior to sale of the debt.

There is no inaccuracy in the reporting, and their statemnt that they will grant a good-will deletion is not an enforceable contract, and not basis for a dispute of its accuracy.

Your proper course is to politely contact the creditor and remind them of their voluntary agreement to report a good-will deletion.

They are under no time limit to report deletion of accurate information.

Message 2 of 7
howellco2
Frequent Contributor

By disputing it you may have sent it to a rep when feels like it should not be deleted and shot your self in the foot so to say

MAJOR BANK CARDS Amex BC 15k, Amex CM 1500, Amex Delta 1k, BB&T Travel 4500, BBVA 6900, CAP1QS 2600, Discover 3300, Marvel MC 6000, Wells Fargo CR 4500, Blispay 2k
CREDIT UNION CARDS DCU 2k , Robbins 10k, United1st 5k
STORE CARDS Amazon 10k, Home Depot 5k, PayPal 4k, Walmart 6k, Lowes 12k
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous   Congrats on getting them to send you a letter with that info, i've been trying the same for years with no luck after paying.  I'll have to live vicariously thru your success with Sync Smiley Happy

It may just take time, but you could call them to check on it as well. 

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

If I am understanding you correctly I think the issue is PR is reporting the debt on your report but you have a goodwill deletion promise from Synchrony. Unfortunately PR doesn’t have to delete based on a promise from Synchrony. You will have to pursue goodwill letters with them. If you had gotten Synchrony to “recall” the debt and pay them, then you would be in a much better position. I was able to do that with small collection earlier this year.

Message 5 of 7
simplegirl
Valued Contributor

Portfolio deletes on their own I think they’re saying synchrony hasn’t deleted yet but it can take up to 60 days maybe more and your dispute may have set you back to the point of them maybe not honoring it but hopefully that’s not the case.

Starting Score: 494 503 521
Current Score: 503 507 507 2/19
Goal Score: 680

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Goals:

Get First Home in Summer 2025
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Portfolio has deleted already. I'm speaking on synchrony deleting. The dispute may have set me back. I started the dispute last week. I thought with the letter as proof, it would be takin off, especially since it has already been 50 days.
I'll try contacting synchrony on Tuesday to see if they can look into it. Having the letter may help my case. Wish me luck!
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.