cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What "income" to list when rebuilding? Gross or AGI

tag

What "income" to list when rebuilding? Gross or AGI

Did a PFD yesterday, keeping my fingers crossed that it really turns out to be a PFD (150$ medical). Got some other baddies, my EXP F8 is 650. Thinking of going for Cap1 or Disco in a month or 2 to add to my Opensky. But that's not the question: I did the pre-approval thing for both, and they both come back for secured. Thing is, I listed as income, what I made last year. What I paid taxes on was far less. I max my 401(k) contribution early every year. Looking at my 1040, what I made was "Wages, salaries, tips, etc. Attach Form(s) W-2 .". What I paid taxes on was "Taxable income. Subtract line 14 from line 11. If zero or less, enter -0-". So let's say they 4506T me upon application. What is the correct income? I'd had to get to this point on my rebuild and do a HP then a deny based on not using the right income. When I say far less, that # is still a respectable # and still keeps my DTI pretty low. FWIW Exp used my "Wages Earned" in my DTI, it seems. 

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
NaimeseOGK
Regular Contributor

Re: What "income" to list when rebuilding? Gross or AGI

Gross is what matters.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.