cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's Up with the PENFED Hard Pull just to join??

tag
bettercreditguy1
Established Contributor

Re: What's Up with the PENFED Hard Pull just to join??

Soft pulls do not always show up when pulling from My Fico. You can see your "other activities" by obtaining your Annual Free Credit Report  or purchasing your report direcdtly from the respective CRA. These later reports will also show inquiries between the one and two year period before they age off as well.  

Updated scores 3/7/21 TU 849, EQ 829, Ex 818 (all Fico scores) Remember the Three P's: Pay early in Full, Pay on Time, Patience
Message 11 of 12
Ubuntu
Regular Contributor

Re: What's Up with the PENFED Hard Pull just to join??

I was waiting until mid June to pull my EQ credit report and see whether PenFed was on it but today MyFICO sent me an "upgrade notification" saying that they were now using a new scoring model.

The good news is that they gave me a free copy of my EQ report.

The bad-ish news is that the PenFed hard inquiry was there. So to sum up my PenFed experience they didn't pull EX or TU but they did hard pull me on EQ. I joined and applied for a Visa Signature at the same time so either they used one pull for both or they didn't hard pull for joining but they did for the Visa app which of course they would.  I guess that doesn't give any clarity on whether or not they hard pull for joining.

The really bad news is that under the new scoring formula my EQ score dropped from 802 to 732.  Absolutely nothing has changed regarding my credit since May 11th when they showed me at 802 (i.e. UT is the same, no new apps, etc.).  What I can see is that my AAoA dropped from 6 years to 9 months which is exactly correct when my two AU accounts aren't considered in my AAoA. Very depressing.

Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.