Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's up with TransUnion?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

What's up with TransUnion?

I have been sending MOV requests for a TL that isn't reporting correctly.  Unfortunately TU has been telling me my requests are frivolous or they don't respond at all.

I sent the OC (HSBC) an OC letter and they responded by sending me a letter saying the account was sold.     So, I copied this letter and sent it into TU along with the FCRA law and CC'd the FTC.
The letter was sent CM RRR.    I received the GC on June 16, 2008.  

Today, I received a letter from TU  telling me that they have no record of the TL I am disputing. The letter was dated June 18,2008   Now this is where the problem is.   On Monday June 23, 2008, I pulled a new report through CreditKeeper and the TL in question was there in all it's glory.   

I then tried to pull my online credit report through TU directly and I received a notice say that I could not view my report online.  

Does anyone know what is going on here?   Or what my next step should be?    Why would TU send me a letter saying there is no record of the TL when it is still there on my report?

TU is driving me crazy with their refusals to obey the law.   Smiley Mad

Message Edited by mainemedic on 06-24-2008 01:12 PM
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
lafishy
Regular Contributor

Re: What's up with TransUnion?

Write to the FTC??

TU Fako 640 (6/4/08), EXP FICO 605 (6/11/08), TU FICO 624 (7/3/08), EQ FICO 663 (6/9/08), EQ FICO 669 (8/18/08), EXP FICO 668 (8/18/08), TU FICO 663 (9/22/08),
EQ FICO 669 (10/6/08), EXP FICO 671 (10/6/08), TU FICO 714 (10/21/08)**TU FICO 3/27/09 736, EQ FICO 3/27/09 712**
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes I did send a letter to the FTC after I initiated a complaint online
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Anyone else know how to resolve this?
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had a Cap1 account with charge off of $1700.00 show up on my TU report on the 19th of June. I disputed it via fax within 3 minutes of ordering the report. I got a letter today from TU stating the account in dispute doesn't exist. They're right. It's no longer there. Hmmmm.....
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

One thing that I noticed was they (HSBC) are reporting the TL as being a paid charge off and I do not remember paying it. This whole thing is rather odd.
Message 6 of 7
jsk300
Regular Contributor

mainemedic wrote:
I have been sending MOV requests for a TL that isn't reporting correctly.  Unfortunately TU has been telling me my requests are frivolous or they don't respond at all.

I sent the OC (HSBC) an OC letter and they responded by sending me a letter saying the account was sold.     So, I copied this letter and sent it into TU along with the FCRA law and CC'd the FTC.
The letter was sent CM RRR.    I received the GC on June 16, 2008.  

Today, I received a letter from TU  telling me that they have no record of the TL I am disputing. The letter was dated June 18,2008   Now this is where the problem is.   On Monday June 23, 2008, I pulled a new report through CreditKeeper and the TL in question was there in all it's glory.   

I then tried to pull my online credit report through TU directly and I received a notice say that I could not view my report online.  

Does anyone know what is going on here?   Or what my next step should be?    Why would TU send me a letter saying there is no record of the TL when it is still there on my report?

TU is driving me crazy with their refusals to obey the law.   Smiley Mad

Message Edited by mainemedic on 06-24-2008 01:12 PM

I would shoot them off an ITS letter letting them know you're going to sue them if they don't comply with federal law. 
TU 673 EX (720 Credit score) EQ 690 (08/2009)
TU 698 EQ 697 EX ?? (07/2010)
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.