Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What should I do about..

tag
YMLDC09
New Contributor

What should I do about..

Verizon Wireless $640 unpaid collection which was sent back to VW. They OC have the account...

This is the last Collection on my CRs!

Got a nice bump from removing the first from EOS CC EQ: 20 TU: 12.  UCB has been removed from Experian CR as of today. Pretty sure it's off ALL but need to wait and see IF I get another SW alert next week Smiley Indifferent here's to HOPE Smiley LOL

Now back to the question: What should I do?

I have an idea but I want to wait and see what ya'll say ok?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Re: What should I do about..

Is the OC reporting?  If so, I'd send them a PFD.  If they are not reporting to your CR, I'd modify it to a Pay to not report.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 2 of 7
YMLDC09
New Contributor

Yes they are reporting it as collection account on all 3 CRAs. I have started my Pay For Delete Campaign. Is a letter a week enough??

I had no idea about the 'modifying' to Pay Not To Report..NICE!

Message 3 of 7
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

From the post, it appears that they assigned to a debt collector, who reported a collection, and the collection authority was terminated, either by the OC or the debt collector, for some reason.  Possibly to refer to another debt collector, with the possibility of another collection reporting.

The OC has also reported.

The OC cannot agree to any deletion of the reported collection, even though the debt collector was their assigned agent.

The debt collector can no longer accept payment if their authority has been terminated.  Thus, deleted of the reported collection would require the debt collector to agree to a GW deletion.

Satisfying the debt quickly might also avoid their referral to another debt collector, or sale of the debt, which would put the OC entirely out ot the payment picture.

You can ask the OC to contact their former debt collector and request them to delete, but the debt collector has no requirement to do so.  A lot might depend upon the reason the debt collector was terminated, and thus the existing relationship between those parties.

I would pay the OC as soon as possible, and ask for help in getting the collection deleted.

Message 4 of 7
YMLDC09
New Contributor

Thank you RobertEG..much appreciated.

The CA they used is not on my reports..VW is and showing the balance.

I have called and they tell me they will not delete. This forum has shown evidence that they will not PFD even Illecs (mod) had tor try for an entire year. Others have paid and then GWd via PFeedback with success and/or BBB.

Looks like that maybe the route I need to take..pay first then ask for deletion. Got it..

Message 5 of 7
kitty9779
Regular Contributor

I'm having no luck at all with Verizon. I hope you do! If so, please let me know how you do it! Even my Planet Feedback post has only resulted in another no.

Message 6 of 7
YMLDC09
New Contributor

I will post an update when it happens b/c it will Smiley Wink

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.