Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What should be my next step with Afni

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

What should be my next step with Afni

Hello all,
I would like some opinion on my current situation with Afni,Inc. and how I should proceed.
In April I pulled my CR and saw Afni placed a collection on there for an account that is NOT mine. Still have not even received a collection notice. I disputed immediatly and a few days later, it came back "verfied"
Then I sent Afni a DV request, which they received on 04-30. 2 days before the 30 days were up, they sent me a letter asking for information, copy of passport, ssn, valid phone number...etc, a standard letter that many others received also.
I disputed again, they verified again on EX and TR. Exquifax deleted.
I filed a complaint with the BBB, IL. No response. Another dispute with EX and TR, of course they verified. On 06-09 they signed for my second letter, informing them of the violations, and demanding deletion within 5 days. The letter that HappyDays posted. Thank you HappyDays.
The 5 days would be up on the 14th of June. What should I do next. Should I file small claims?
Please give me your opinions and advise. I am trying to prepare my next step. I do have all GC, updates on CR, letters I sent e.t.c
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What should be my next step with Afni

They OBVIOUSLY cannot prove it's you account...whatever you do...don't send them any kind of personal info...how are you disputing???...online...if so...STOP...I guess...at this point you will have to go through THE PROCESS...and see if it works for you...write a letter to the CRAs...explaining the whole process...of sending them a DV...how they responded...send a copy of the letter...state how they obviously cannot provide proof...also how you DV'd again...no response...you have no knowledge of this account...

And HOPE it works...that process is not guaranteed...but try anyway...you have just about did everything you can do....besides sue...
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What should be my next step with Afni

I disputed the first time online, the second time was via USPS. I did sent them copies, all I got back from the CRA was "we already verified this account"
I will try one more time and then sue. Thanks again
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.