cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What should be the next step?

tag
raygin

What should be the next step?

I sent debt Verification letters out to two collections, first time they didn't answer back.  Second time,  I finally got a letter back stating that they have stopped collections on this account and that I should hear back from them within sixty days.

Sixty days have come and gone, and nothing back from them. Should I send them another letter stating that the sixty days they stated have come and gone and that since they can't validate that they must delete? Or should I dispute with the CA?

What exactly do they mean when they say it is on hold? that it comes off my report until it is verified? that they stop all trying to collect until it is verified? They are well past the SOL, and should probably drop off the middle of 2014.  I am trying to buy a house before July of 2014. And I need to get my score up.

your input is very much appreciated!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: What should be the next step?

When's the last time you purchased new reports from the CRAs, and is it still showing?

Message 2 of 3
raygin

Re: What should be the next step?

I actually purchased my Equifax last weekend. I haven't pulled experian or transunion in awhile. It is still showing on the Equifax.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.