cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What should i do with the collection agencies?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

What should i do with the collection agencies?

so here is the deal,

I have three collection agencies on my credit report, and I hired Lexington law to deal with everything. I also personally sent Pay for Delete letters (PFD) to all three agencies. Can someone advise me on how to proceed, what’s a good way to remove them of my report. Should I pay them??

Heads up, I am new here. Please help me.

10 REPLIES 10
AutoBot
Established Contributor

Re: What should i do with the collection agencies?

I wouldn't hire Lexington law for something that I could do on my own. At some point did you receive a letter from all three and then send a DV letter? Who are the original creditors?

Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

First, thank you for responding.

so the three are:

Jefferson Capital System,

Diversified Consultant

Portfolio Recovery Ass

i sent them Pay for Delete letters, i am hoping to get something back soon.

for Lexington law , i am planning on canceling them very soon (two months max) if i don't see more improvements. i had a total of 33 negative items on my report and they removed about 10 items. i learned a lot by reading. i think i can do their job now.

once i cancel the service ill ask for a DV from all three collection agencies.

so my questions is, what should i do if they refused my PFD offer and also sent me the DV? whats the chances they do a full DV?

by law, what happens if they never respond to anything i send?

Thanks

Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'd dig up my post on pay for delete.  A lot fo the collectors won't put that on paper but they'll do it over the phone.  It's equally binding and how to record that is covered in my post. 

Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

i took a look at it, sounds exciting . ill give it a try

Message 5 of 11
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

The DV process is primarily a process intended to require debt collectors to cease active collection on a debt until they have provided verification to the consumer.

It is intended primarily to provide consumers a reprieve from active collection activities.

The DV process does not require response by the debt collector, or set any period for them to verify.

If the consumer sends their DV request within 30 days of receipt of dunning notice, then it imposes a cease collection bar on the debt collector, which remains in effect until such time as the debt collector chooses to send validation.  The debt collector can choose to simply cease further collection activities without any response.

If the consumer does not send the DV request within 30 days of their receipt of dunning notice, then it imposes no restrictions on the debt collector, and they can choose to continue collection as normal with no validation.

If the debt collector refuses to accept a PFD offer, then you can simply pay the debt and thus prevent continued update of the collection.

You are free to contnue to pursue deletion requests by way of good-will requests for deletion.

Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

thank !!! i sent out the PFD letters last week, if that didnt work ill go ahead and send out other DV letters.

Message 7 of 11
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

thank !!! i sent out the PFD letters last week, if that didnt work ill go ahead and send out other DV letters.

If you already know these debts are yours and you are trying to get a PFD from them sending DVs may in fact kill any chance of getting that goodwill from them. If they reject the PFD you would simply send another one to them and continue to do so until such time as they either accept or you decide to settle and switch to GW letters asking that the TL be removed. If they are updating monthly they are keeping your Fico score depressed so you want to settle them ASAP so Fico can begin to recover.

Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

i called Jefferson Capital Systems, they sent me a response which i am waiting on. hopefully i can get them deleted. i have multiple was to approach this, so ill keep you updated on which one works.

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

What was their response and have the the other's agree to the honor your letter
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.