Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What should i do????

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

What should i do????

i loss my job about 2 months ago and have no luck getting a new one also i have no family

anyway i am gonna file for BR in the next 2-3 months

i currently have 6 credit cards all paid on time "all maxed except for a few dollars" but also can't afford not even the min anymore

so should i maxed them out & just stop paying on them then just file or

should i go over the limits on all of them by a few hunderd dollars then file down the road and yes i know you can't file after you done this for like 3 months

so it's either just stop paying on them and be brok

or go out with a bang and pay other bills off using my credit cards which will take them over the limit

either way i lose ,so i guess i just need 2nd opinon on which one of those options to do

Message Edited by Steveindebt on 10-01-2008 12:17 PM
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
want2b_800s
Contributor

Re: What should i do????

I have heard that you should NEVER file BK because of the timing of when negative items fall off your credit report.  I would suggest getting a new phone number if you just don't pay them.  GL to you.  I think a lot of us are in the same boat.
Smiley Happy
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What should i do????

Then when he does get a job they will garnish his wages Smiley Surprised ...dept consolidation maybe? I had to file BK 30k in dept and im now 3 years into discharge and in the 600 club working on the 700's. BK is not the end of the world it is a clean slate so to speak so one can make better choices next time. I'd go out with a bang and file CH7. Either way, Good Luck
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.