Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What to do? (Credit One)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

What to do? (Credit One)

When I was looking for easy to get cards when I was rebuilding my credit I got the Credit One platinum card (biggest regret) I used to the card once and called to make payment was told that any balance I carried would be drafted by card on file. After my first year the broke down annual fee over 12 months. I got notification that I had a missed payment from my creditor, so I called credit one and they told me they dont auto draft payments they have to be manually made. So I took care of whatever balance and EQ just took a 71 point hit. They said I could write a letter since I was misinformed about payments being auto drafted. Any advice on what to do to favor this getting taken off my report? I have not had a missed payments in 6 years, and how hard of a hit would I take cancelling this card? Any advice and help is greatly appreciated. 

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What to do? (Credit One)

I tried to email the CEO but its not letting send off due to not being encrypted, any info on how to get this done besides sending out physical letter?

Message 3 of 7
Newbie2018
Frequent Contributor

Definetly right a letter or email the CEO. I have had a successful GW experience with Credit one, they are forgiving. I dont have the template i used anymore though, sorry and Good Luck

Message 4 of 7
Newbie2018
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I tried to email the CEO but its not letting send off due to not being encrypted, any info on how to get this done besides sending out physical letter?

I got a response from sending a pyhsical letter. I think its your only choice and from the looks of it, quite worth it.

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Update emailed the CEO and got a response in two days saying they would wipe out the late payment since I was told it would auto pay. Now the wait for my credit to be updated!

Message 6 of 7
Philly84
Established Member

I would wait until your reports update and then cancel this card. It's not worth IMHO to go through the back and forth with this predatory lender. 

Rebuild Started 9/2018
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.