Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What to do With LVNV Funding???

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What to do With LVNV Funding???

Ericka and Sly!  I promise to post it once I get home because that is where I had it savedSmiley Wink.  I hit them with so many violations such as re-aging of accounts, not reposnding to me within 30 days but reporting to the cra as "verified debts", and then the infamous "factoring accounts". 
Message 21 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

OK...thanks...I just sent out a DV...even though I have sent them in the past...I'm start off fresh now...since the others were so long ago...
Message 22 of 43
wahmom
Frequent Contributor

Sly,

What type of account is with LVNV if you don't mind me asking? I noticed you said that SOL for LA is 10 years. I've recently gotten some clarification on LA SOL's.

CC & medical bills are considered open accounts therefore the SOL is 3 Years.
Message 23 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is from myFICO EX:

Credit AccountCredit Account Lvnv Funding Llc
Status as of [?] Jun, 2008 Date opened [?] Apr, 2006 Date of last activity [?] May, 2008 Date of last payment [?] Not Reported Date closed [?] Not Reported Account number [?] XXXXXXXXXXXX[Edited]Loan type [?] Unknown - Credit Extension, Review, Or Collection Credit limit [?] Not Reported Largest past balance [?] Not Reported Terms [?] 1 Month Account Type [?] Installment Account holder [?] Individual Scheduled payment amount [?] Not Reported Account status [?] Account is Open
Descriptions [?]
  • Account in dispute

No contact information provided by Experian

Balance [?] Current Status [?] Past Due Amount [?] $948 Account seriously past due date/account assigned to attorney, collection agency, or credit grantor's internal collection department $948 Seven year payment history [?] 30 days late 0 times 60 days late 0 times 90+ days late 2 times (Jun 2008, May 2008) Worst Delinquency [?] Charge Off, Collection, Or Bankruptcy Recent payment history [?]UnknownUnknownUnknownUnknownUnknownUnknownUnknownUnknownUnknownUnknownUnknownUnknownUnknownUnknownUnknownUnknownUnknownUnknownUnknownUnknownUnknownUnknownCollectionCollection 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 2006 2007 2008 Legend: Unknown Unknown Collection Collection

I never understood the LA SOL...so would it be 3 years for this...not 10 years???...

Message Edited by slyhouse08 on 07-10-2008 12:45 PM

Edited to remove personal information. Please be careful posting sensitive information on the forums. -sidewinder

Message Edited by sidewinder on 07-10-2008 08:54 PM
Message 24 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is how it is on Truecredit:

LVNV FUNDING------- Account XXXXXXXXXXX  - Condition: Derogatory Derogatory  - Balance: $948 $948   -Type: Factoring company account Unknown - credit extension, review, or collection  - Pay Status: Collection/Chargeoff Collection/Chargeoff      

Message Edited by slyhouse08 on 07-10-2008 12:56 PM
Message 25 of 43
wahmom
Frequent Contributor

Who's the OC? LVNV had my date opened as something recent but it was from a MCI account from 2002. They put the date opened to whatever they want to. I sent them the full media DV and then disputed and they were deleted because they couldn't validate. It took less than 30 days to have them removed.
Message 26 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

The OC is..HSBC NV...for a CO...
Message 27 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

My thing with them is....

1. They are reporting the DOLA as...May 2008...that is incorrect...

2. They add interest every month...

3. They are reporting as installment

4. They are reporting as factoring company...or whatever...

5. They don't respond to any letters...
Message 28 of 43
wahmom
Frequent Contributor

So your SOL would be 3 years from DOFD or DOLA. If you remember what that is then you are set because I wouldn't trust what LVNV is reporting. Are the dates the same on the LVNV listing and the HSBC one?
Message 29 of 43
wahmom
Frequent Contributor

I read some information about how to dispute them listing it as a factoring account. Let me try to find it and get back to you.
Message 30 of 43
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.