cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What to do about CA?

tag
azgranny22

What to do about CA?

This is my first post to this forum. Have been reading alot of useful info.  I have just started rebuilding credit after many years of no credit.  I have 1 secured card with US bank with $500 limit opened in December and 1 installment account for furniture opened in May 2012 $2200.00 and paid off in December 2012.  I have 1 collection account $100 assigned to Receivables Performance Management by SRP (electric company) in July 27, 2010.  Does "assigned" mean that SRP still owns the account?  My intention is to pay this.  What would be the best way to get this CA removed?  Would PFD work for such a small amount?  Any suggestions?

TU FICO-680 EQ FICO-668   623 Experian from US Bank in DEC when I applied for secured card.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
rckstrscott
Valued Contributor

Re: What to do about CA?

@azgranny22 wrote:

This is my first post to this forum. Have been reading alot of useful info.  I have just started rebuilding credit after many years of no credit.  I have 1 secured card with US bank with $500 limit opened in December and 1 installment account for furniture opened in May 2012 $2200.00 and paid off in December 2012.  I have 1 collection account $100 assigned to Receivables Performance Management by SRP (electric company) in July 27, 2010.  Does "assigned" mean that SRP still owns the account?  My intention is to pay this.  What would be the best way to get this CA removed?  Would PFD work for such a small amount?  Any suggestions?

TU FICO-680 EQ FICO-668   623 Experian from US Bank in DEC when I applied for secured card.

If SRP still owns the account, the yes, they have assigned the collection authority to Receivables Performance Mgmt.

I would contact SRP and see if you can pay them, in exchange for them 'recalling' the debt back from the CA -- now, keep in mind, the CA does not have to oblige, but often the CA will do what the OC asks them to do in the case of assigned debt.

If this doesn't work, I would send a wave of PFD requests, to see if they will bite.

If they don't bite after a bit of time, I would just pay it in full to the CA and then send a GW asking for removal.

-scott

Starting FICO Score: October 2010: TU 498 | EQ: 502
Current FICO Scores:: May 2022: TU: 784 | EQ: 770 | EX: 790
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.