cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What to do about LVNV

Auto Loans for ANY Credit Situation. Immediate Response.
Advertiser disclosure
Highlighted
Contributor

What to do about LVNV

This is a paid collection.  LVNV continues to update the paid collection.  As a matter of fact it was updated as recently as 6/08 even though it was paid off in 04/06.  On some CBRs it shows up as "installment loan", "factoring", "120 days past due" etc.  The account reports under "revolving accounts or tradelines" and in collections on some CBRs. LVNV was paid $1214.00 to settle this account.

This was an account DD had with Sears...Sears shows 0 balance with high credit of $846.
Charged off, purchased by another lender, transferred sold.

So....if LVNV is a "factoring" account why did Sears count this as a charge off on one or two of the CBRs.  But that's not my real question....I was just wondering around in my head asking questions and that one stuck out more than the others?

The real question is....what should I do about these jerks?  DV them?  Just write an ugly letter about their reporting violations and tell them to delete? 

Any ideas?
Highlighted
Moderator Emeritus

Re: What to do about LVNV

I'd send a GW letter first.

If that doesn't work and it is reporting inaccurately, dispute with the CRA or file complaint with BBB.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Free Annual Reports, Freq. Requested Threads, 5 Things We Don't Talk About, Common Abbreviations, Where do I start?, State Resources
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.