Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What to do next- rebuilding

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

What to do next- rebuilding

Hello! I've started this rebuilding journey since oct. 2016. I think I've come a long ways. From scores low to mid 500s to now scores of low to mid 6. Since then, I've gotten a becu card of $10,000 cl, Amex everyday blue card of $1000, carecredit of $5400, Ashely furniture of $1000. In the beginning, I opened a few fee cards, which included credit1 and reflex (both $500 cl). I still have a few baddies in my report. My question is, should I go ahead and close credit1 and reflex? Also, what should I do with the baddies. I also have a few lates on my student loans, which is now deferred till feb through fedloan servicing.

Cap1 auto charge off $5641 due to fall off 6/19

iq data 7603 (original 4862) due to fall off 2/19

renton collection $543 due to fall off 6/2018

i am planning to get an auto loan and got approved with Toyota as long as I have a cosigner, which I do have. 

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What to do next- rebuilding

1) I'm not a Credit One fan at all and if Reflex is in the same class, they can kick rocks as well

2) How are you handling the reported utilization rates in these CCs.... ideally it's zero balance, except for 1 TL reporting a sub 10% debt ratio ( Again, for max benefit, obviously something that might not happen daily)

3) As what to do for the baddies...it depends what they are, are you gonna pay 'em off can you dispute, can you PFD...there is no one answer, you baddies are unique to you and so are the ' to don't

4) Is the auto loan contingent on a co-signer based upon the SIZE of the loan you WANT?
More likely, so
The problem with 'co-signing' is ppl hear the 'co' part and get 'massaged' by the auto industry into NOT hearing the SIGNER part.

Co-signing generally should just be a NO GO, period.

a) In fairness there is no such thing as I'm "approved* WITH a co-signer ( no your co-signer, is approved and their credit is on the hook, nobody was giving YOU anything)...it's like a man being pregnant WITH his wife/gf...slow your roll SHE is pregnant, player, you're along for the ride...if ish goes bad she's the single Mom😎

Sometimes in life it really makes more sense to go older, cheaper, smaller or just pay a bit more and have your ride under YOUR name ( if you're doing well you can ref too better rate in not to long) but if hiccups happened you've taken someone else with you.

The cost are very high of what could be lost due to JOINT-Signing or asking someone to joint-sign YOUR loan.

Ppl need to understand, they are NOT 'just back up, if' every late is their late any hiccup us their hiccup each and every month and they are 100% responsible, just like you from Day 1

My Econ professor in college said , lend cash if you want to but NEVER co-sign not even for your kids because if one Family member goes down everybody goes down together....not a fan of co-signing

Lend a down payment ( that you might not get back) but NOT your credit profile 😎
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.