Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What to do next?????

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

What to do next?????

Hi all, I became a member on 08/19/16. At that time my FICO8 scores were EX 591 TU 585 and EQ 563. As of today they are EX 620 TU 591 and EQ 572. I have two lines of revolving credit. One Cap 1 QS1 that at the time of these scores were showing 99% utilization (horrible I know) and a Fingerhut account that has not been reported to TU as of yet. I am expecting my TU score to improve after this new line is considered and I am expecting all three to go up after my statement for Cap 1 is reported. I guess my question is where do I go from here? I am in the process of disputing items with all three of the bureaus and would just like for things to move faster. Should I apply for any more credit. I'm sitting at about 7-9 inquiries on each report already.  Any help will be appreciated!!!

Started in high 500s 08/16

Current 9/16~ EX 620 TU 591 EQ 572

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What to do next?????

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi all, I became a member on 08/19/16. At that time my FICO8 scores were EX 591 TU 585 and EQ 563. As of today they are EX 620 TU 591 and EQ 572. I have two lines of revolving credit. One Cap 1 QS1 that at the time of these scores were showing 99% utilization (horrible I know) and a Fingerhut account that has not been reported to TU as of yet. I am expecting my TU score to improve after this new line is considered and I am expecting all three to go up after my statement for Cap 1 is reported. I guess my question is where do I go from here? I am in the process of disputing items with all three of the bureaus and would just like for things to move faster. Should I apply for any more credit. I'm sitting at about 7-9 inquiries on each report already.  Any help will be appreciated!!!

Started in high 500s 08/16

Current 9/16~ EX 620 TU 591 EQ 572

How old is the Cap One account?

If its six months old you can apply for a second one (Platinum is what you want)

App for a secured card from Discover, or one of the FCU's such as SDFCU, NFCU, NASAFCU, PenFed or DCU.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for replying!!! The Capital One account was opened in May, it'll be six months in November. What is an FCU? Federal Credit Union? 

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks for replying!!! The Capital One account was opened in May, it'll be six months in November. What is an FCU? Federal Credit Union? 

Correct! Most require some sort of membership, and that membership can be attained through a third party donation, like for PenFed I donated to  voicesfortroops.org

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.