Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What to do with collections?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

What to do with collections?

I’m working on my fiancée and I’s credit because we are trying to buy a house. He had five collections and I had six. I’ve been able to PFD 4 of mine and 4 of his. I’m still waiting for mine to be reflected on my reports, but all four of his have been removed already and it hasn’t made a difference in his score.

His only remaining collection is one from LVNV for $700 and they will not PFD. Do you only reap the benefit of getting collections removed if they are all removed?
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

Re: What to do with collections?

Basically. You'll get like 70 points once the report is clean. It will help with utilization and debt to income ratio though.

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

We NEED those 70 points. Any suggestions for getting rid of LVNV?
Message 3 of 5
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

Keep in mind, those about 70 points are for a completely clean file. No derogatories at all. That being said, there's really nothing you can do other than harass them into removing it or wait.

Message 4 of 5
DIYcredit
Frequent Contributor

With all due respect I disagree with collection accounts and utilization.In utilization only credit accounts are calculated.When collection accounts are present on your credit report ,as far as Fico is   concerned the only two things matter.The fact that they are present and when they were opened,So whether you pay them or not will not effect your credit score.GOOD LUCK..

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.