Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What to do?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

What to do?

I have a paid in full closed Discover account and I'm in a bit of a quandary. The account is my second oldest (1997) but it has multiple lates from 4 years ago (paid on time since then, no lates). I've seen that people have had some luck with GWing Discover but that with a closed account with many lates, that the tradeline usually gets deleted all together. What is my best gameplan? GWing but risk losing some age? Or leave it be since the lates are old enough that they might not be factoring in my score much at all? The temptation for a clean report is strong but, since Fico lists my average age of 4 years as a negative, will losing the age of this account be more detrimental overall? Thanks!

Message Edited by Mystic0 on 07-30-2008 01:39 PM

Message Edited by Mystic0 on 07-30-2008 01:39 PM
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Re: What to do?

Leave it be. You are probably gaining more points for this card's history than you are losing for the lates.
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What to do?

Thank you for your input, Fused. I've been torn on what to do for awhile and advice definitely helps this newbie. Smiley Happy
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.