Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What to do...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

What to do...

Okay so I'm on my rebuild and I've analyzed my reports.

My best is EQ with only 2 Collections and 1 Derogatory account with a 120 day late.

The other two have all the same info with the exception of 2 things. Here are the differences:

TU: 8 inquiries (HP's) and 1 secured personal loan
EX: (My lowest) 2 inquiries (HP's) but not showing the secured personal loan apparently the CU I did it with only reports to TU and EQ but not EX which was confirmed with their customer service Smiley Sad

For whatever reason TU is showing 20 points (or more) higher on the 3B reports than EX. What should I do I'm looking to even out the scores and get closer to 700.

EQ 665 EX636 TU 659
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What to do...

I'd be less concerned about the score differences, and more concerned about getting PFDs on those two collections. 

Doing that would likely net a nice increase for you across all three. 

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah I'd do them if I just had $3,500 laying around...

But I don't so that's why I'm focusing on what I can I've already done 2 PFD's and 2 secured cards I don't have anymore money I can put in. They fall off in 2018 anyways so not too far down the road.

So any advice for fixing the difference?
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

What's your end goal? Why is the fixing the difference so important to you?

As for getting to the 700s ... what's the rest of your story? Do you have credit cards? Installment loans? Three revolvers and an installment loan help raise scores as you make payments on time, keep the UTI low and let them age. 

At this point time and patience may be your best advice, unless you don't have cards or loans

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry, I overlooked your secured card comment. 

A small secured loan will put an installment loan on your reports ... and provide another positive tradeline. You may also want to try to get a store card like Overstock. I got one with the shopping cart trick long before my scores were in the neighborhood of yours. Two secured bank cards and a store card is a good start. 

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.