Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What to work on first

tag
trc1962
Regular Contributor

What to work on first

I now have all 3 credit reports and I want to know where to start the clean up. I got seriously behind financially due to a combo of health crisis and job loss. Was able to sell my home and have the ability to take care of many accounts. I immediately paid for a judgement ($311 medical) and hope I can somehow get that off my report. I have many medical collections, about 25% of them with one company I have already paid-did not know about pfd-maybe GW letters to this company? There is one company that has a big chunk of the medical collections and I wonder if I should pfd? When a CA gets your bills they can sure add awful charges onto the already owed debt and I wonder can I offer them less? I also have 2 charge offs; 1 to JC Penney $721 and a real baddie HSBC $1800. HSBC was HORRIBLE to work with and quickly moved to charge off even when I offered a payment plan-they wanted $250 minimum and I did not have that. So, any advice from those who have crawled out of this hole is appreciated. 

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: What to work on first

Any that you can afford to pay offer PFD 

Any already paid start sending GW's

It would help also if you can post who the CA is and as much info as possible to better help you

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.