cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What were your scores on first unsecured card?

tag
Burned2manybridgesB4
Valued Contributor

Re: What were your scores on first unsecured card?

580ish....many many many CA's, and CO's.

Message 11 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Shouldn't even wait a month or so should just apply. A month isn't going to have much difference in score carrying same cards u have now. It will make a difference to score having 2 new cards on file for another month

Message 12 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Only reason I was waiting I'd is because I have balances that I've paid down or off and I wanted that to report before I applied.
Message 13 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Its officically been one year since i had my secudred cards. I'm scared as h*ll to app for unsecured credit. I have cleaned up my reports a lot but i still have a few Baddies on there that im working on. Just was curious what other ppls scores were or what their reports looked like when they got approved for unsecured credit and what can i do to improve my chances at higher approval limits when i do finally apply. Also if this is in the wrong place moderators imn sorry please feel free to move it.

YAY! for all the responses to this post.

I just got through putting up a post on the subject of Cap1 pre-qual and getting/not getting an actual offer.

You can check it here;

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/No-Offer-Cap1-Pre-qual-site/td-p/4484934

Message 14 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Only reason I was waiting I'd is because I have balances that I've paid down or off and I wanted that to report before I applied.

This has NO bearing on your approvals. Many people app everyday for cards with high UTI's on other cards. Jump on in, the water's fine!!!

Message 15 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well I app'd for barclay in Sept they said no because my balance was TOO high on my AU card and my cards that were mine wasn't old enough. That's why I waited until they were all 1 yr old and I wanted them allllllll under 30% clclose to10-20% actually
Message 16 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Well I app'd for barclay in Sept they said no because my balance was TOO high on my AU card and my cards that were mine wasn't old enough. That's why I waited until they were all 1 yr old and I wanted them allllllll under 30% clclose to10-20% actually

I was approved for several accts (both Cap1 CC's too) while my 1st 2 CC's had 80-90% UTI's. I didn't know anything about UTI at the time and was just getting to know some of these boards. I was referring to the Cap1's in particular because of some of the other posts but I guess I didn't make that point very clear.

Message 17 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Barclay is weird. I was approved with them when I had a score of 614 or so for the cash forward which is suppose to be for 700+ score yet I was denied for the reward one

Message 18 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok ppl update!!!! Today I pulled the trigger and applied for cap 1 platinum & quicksilver one and got approved for BOTH!!!!! Only a 500 limit on each card but Maaaaaaaan I'm happy.....sooooooo happy my very FIRST unsecured credit cards. Now I need to know how to work this credit step thingy with them!!!

Message 19 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh also looks like that 2 cards one hard inquiry thing isn't true. Credit karma has 2 for TU today from cap one Smiley Sad
Message 20 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.